Viewing party at TCF?

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
Thought that I heard they were going to have the students in to watch the game on the big board. Did that happen? If so, anyone attend? How did it go? I expected that we'd get the typical look-in shot of the crowd at the stadium at some point during the telecast, but never saw one. Watched the local news on 4 and, while they showed students picking up tickets, I didn't hear any reference to watching the game inside.

You bet we were there!!

About a constant thousand of us were there watching the game. Many, many more were there for a shorter time to pick up student tickets and to take one of the tours of the stadium, which went from 10:30 to 2:30.

The full Marching band played as they would during a real game for the entire first half, then performed a shortened, practice-run halftime show. They sound amazing by the way.

There were t-shirts launched out of air-cannons, fans on the big screen during commercials, audible groaning as they kept talking about Paulus. Goldy was not there because he was in New York, obviously. We went nuts when we played well and we were dismal when we looked shaky.

All in all it was really fun. Beautiful day, too. :)

Almost forgot. The student t-shirts are longsleeves this year.

The front says "Stadium Village. Now with Stadium."

The back has the TCF Bank stadium logo, and underneath that it reads, "Taking it to THE BANK!"

Actually, there are (I think) three versions of the shirt, "stadium village, now with stadium" "biggest comeback in gopher history" and "a 300 piece house band every night," the same ones featured on billboards. they are the most comfortable shirts ever, btw.

I was also there, from start to finish. it was my first time in the bank and it did not disappoint! the band and dance team were amazing, just wish they would have stayed for the second half! and watching the game on the big screen was like watching hd at home. except outside with a bunch of gopher fans.

Thanks for the kind words guys! It was great to be outside!

Top Bottom