Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Michigan

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Maize & Brew is first out of the gate, with a game prediction about four months before the game:

"Who takes the Jug home in 2017?"
Minnesota is a team that cannot be overlooked in 2017. They are coming off a nine-win campaign, and though they have some key position vacancies to fill, I have confidence that Fleck and Co. will get this team clicking sooner rather than later.

Does that mean they can come into the Big House and steal one from the home team? Not so fast. Minnesota put up a heck of a fight in 2015 and they showed moments of being able to compete with top programs in 2016, but Jim Harbaugh has Michigan on a trajectory that the Gophers cannot eclipse — even with a relatively inexperienced team.

The Wolverines will run all over Minnesota in this one and show off some of their young receivers. Michigan wins easily, 34-14.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football...ouse-michigan-wolverines-jim-harbaugh-gophers

Go Gophers!!

This is great, now we don't even need to play the game because they have spoiled the outcome for us.

I don't think anyone is going to "run all over" MN this year. I think the Gophers DLine and LB's are good enough to play with anyone. IF the DB's gel, (and key players stay healthy), I think the defense will keep the Gophs in games. After that, it's up to the offense to score enough points to give the team a chance to win.

Add in the strength of the special teams, and I think MN will not have a lot of (hopefully no) blow-outs this year. On the flip side, I don't see MN blowing out any (many) teams. If I'm right (?), it's going to be a nail-biting type of year with a lot of close games that could go either way.

If we can stay fresh, healthy, learn the system, have fan support, anything is possible.

Talent wise, coaching... hard not to come to that conclusion as far as predictions goes.

The game will be decided in November...not now. With all of the variables and unknowns, for me it is a toss up at this point.

If there is a fan base I'd want to beat worse that Wisconsin, it is Michigan. I'd STILL like to run into the guy that sat next to me in 2015 at the Bank.

Virtually every time I encounter Mich alums I find myself thinking "F these guys". Today is no different. It's in the water.

That 2015 game...Leidner was picked up and pile-drived into the field turf IIRC, headfirst. Roughing flag picked up. Maybe karma after that hit on .shane Morris that wasn't called. 2015 - same year Mitch getting speared at Ohio State was reversed. I lodged an objection.

The game will be decided in November...not now.

I'll go out on a limb and dare to be even a little more precise and venture this game will be decided not just in November, but on November 4 to be exact.

Go Gophers!!

I'll go out on a limb and dare to be even a little more precise and venture this game will be decided not just in November, but on November 4 to be exact.

Go Gophers!!

Nope, game goes long, ultra overtime rules decide it on the 5th with an epic thumb war between Jim and PJ.

Nope, game goes long, ultra overtime rules decide it on the 5th with an epic thumb war between Jim and PJ.

Snow storm with rare, massive lightening strikes causes it to be suspended and rescheduled for week after Wisc., with East and West titles on the line...

34 is kinda an odd number to guess in football?
Are they offering a 20 point spread?
I'd throw $100 on that.

Snow storm with rare, massive lightening strikes causes it to be suspended and rescheduled for week after Wisc., with East and West titles on the line...

Due to a rules snafu MN wins both divisions and holds a scrimmage in Indianapolis and both wins and picks up a quality loss (vs an opponent with 2 division wins...) and the B1G title....

Due to a rules snafu MN wins both divisions and holds a scrimmage in Indianapolis and both wins and picks up a quality loss (vs an opponent with 2 division wins...) and the B1G title....

3-0 slugfest with Carpenter hitting an all-time NCAA record 70-yard FG, banked off left upright, as time runs out. Only game Gophs play this year with no targeting penalties...

That 2015 game...Leidner was picked up and pile-drived into the field turf IIRC, headfirst. Roughing flag picked up. Maybe karma after that hit on .shane Morris that wasn't called. 2015 - same year Mitch getting speared at Ohio State was reversed. I lodged an objection.

Also that ELITE Michigan secondary... (All no calls)

12191076_10106854729748570_5047281399456506951_n.jpg

MichiganGame.jpg

This is great, now we don't even need to play the game because they have spoiled the outcome for us.

But now we have bulletin board material, meaning our players will try twice as hard as they otherwise would have, and will win the game.

But now we have bulletin board material, meaning our players will try twice as hard as they otherwise would have, and will win the game.

Gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virtually every time I encounter Mich alums I find myself thinking "F these guys". Today is no different. It's in the water.

Its not every Michigan alum that I meet, but it is a lot of them. If ever any place produces arrogant alumni, its Michigan.

34 is kinda an odd number to guess in football?
Are they offering a 20 point spread?
I'd throw $100 on that.

How is 34 an odd guess? That would be 4 touchdowns and 2 field goals. That score happens all the time.

Its not every Michigan alum that I meet, but it is a lot of them. If ever any place produces arrogant alumni, its Michigan.

Yes, I was being a bit harsh. Still, F those guys. That story - every once in a while a team gets lucky? That's what I'm referring to. I still recall watching the tail end of the game that shall not be mentioned with my UMich ski bud...and the aftermath. Our friendship nearly didn't survive.

Have you met any Irish alum?

I've been thinking and I can only come up with my cousin's kid, who I do not see often. Now, a brother in law on my wife's side is a USC fan and based on that small sample size I would also put them in that category with appropriate limitations. That brother in law and I attended the USC game together in Mpls a few years ago. He did not seem one bit worried about losing to the Gophers. Ok, he was right, but... He also a little story his days at SC. Former linebacker Riki Ellison/Gray https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riki_Ellison and he were SC students at the same time, and Riki married another SC student who was from Edina, Minn. My guess was that this Edina co-ed must have been pretty hot for him to remember that about her for 25 years+ years. Oh, on a smaller scale has anyone ever found St Olaf alum to be a bit smug? Just wondering.

Top Bottom