College Football Bowl Projections for 2017 (Armed Forces Bowl: Minnesota vs Army)

Kinda weird that we'd go to TCU to play a game while they would probabbly go somewhere else to play...

College Football Playoff
Rose

Jan. 1

ESPN

Playoff

Semifinal

Florida State vs.

Ohio State
Sugar

Jan. 1

ESPN

Playoff

Semifinal

Alabama vs.

Washington

I'm going out on a limb and predict Bama is the only one of the four playing in the CFP this season.

Penn St is also loaded and they should have been in over Ohio St last year.

Ohio St./Meyer has so much more of a track record being able to handle success and repeat. I think that's why people give them more of a chance. I am not 100% sold that Penn St. is going to repeat the success they had in the last 1/2 of last season.

Most likely would mean a six-win season for Gophs if this is the bowl they attend.

While I don't expect a ton from this year's team, I expect more than an Armed Forces Bowl appearance. With the weak schedule I see more than 6 wins.

I could see Michigan getting into the CFP. Could very well come down to the OSU-UM game again

Personally, I see us at seven regular-season wins. I would assume that would put us in a higher-ranked bowl. Interesting take by Athlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken clocks are right twice a day plus Ohio State just signed another top two Recruiting class last year was their "rebuilding" year and they still made the playoffs. Plus I don't see Penn State winning in Columbus

Broken clocks are right twice a day plus Ohio State just signed another top two Recruiting class last year was their "rebuilding" year and they still made the playoffs. Plus I don't see Penn State winning in Columbus

And like I said they didn't deserve to make the playoffs last year. Getting dismantled by Clemson clearly showed that.

Penn St was the better team and they return nearly everyone, especially on offense which was the best in the B1G. No one recruits at the level of Ohio St in the B1G, but Penn St. isn't far behind. It should come down to the game in Columbus.

I'm not completely sold on Penn State with James Franklin at the helm. To many on the field coaching errors plus a phony enthusiasm when in public. In other words I think he is a prime example of the "Peter" principle. When he proclaimed that his offensive line coach(Limey) was the best in America he lost me as a fan-no as a follower. I really don't think that Meyer took Penn State seriously last year. . Ohio State won't make that mistake this year--a blowout for tOSU.

I'm not completely sold on Penn State with James Franklin at the helm. To many on the field coaching errors plus a phony enthusiasm when in public. In other words I think he is a prime example of the "Peter" principle. When he proclaimed that his offensive line coach(Limey) was the best in America he lost me as a fan-no as a follower. I really don't think that Meyer took Penn State seriously last year. . Ohio State won't make that mistake this year--a blowout for tOSU.

While this is your opinion( which of course you are entitled to), I don't know if we can judge coach Limegrover by his time at Minnesota. I think splitting time as OC was too much for him at that time. Being able to focus just on the OL and probably having more talent and upperclassmen to work with helped him. I don't think he'll have a problem getting good OL out of Pennsylvania surrounding areas.

I think coach Franklin is doing well. Urban Meyer is on another tier. Him, Saban, Patterson, Chris Peterson... Not saying that Franklin won't get there but...

Maybe not. But once they actually gave him a game....why didn't they end up stomping? He still played the 'who cares' card?

Top Bottom