ESPN: Biggest 2018 recruiting needs for each top-25 team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

15. Minnesota Golden Gophers
Richard Pitino is focusing on in-state prospects for most of the Golden Gophers' 2018 board, with ESPN 100 center Daniel Oturu (No. 51) already committed and five-star point guard Tre Jones leading a quality crop of local options. They will have to beat out Duke, UCLA, and others for Jones, but the other in-state options could be more realistic. Race Thompson saw his stock rise in the spring, while Jarvis Thomas and Gabe Kalscheur both visited campus recently. Jake Forrester, Souleymane Koureissi, Brendan Adams and Marcus Zegarowski are among the other 2018 prospects with Minnesota interest. Pitino will have to replace do-it-all point guard Nate Mason, as well as three other seniors, although incoming freshman Isaiah Washington is going to be the playmaking guard for Pitino for years to come.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ruiting-needs-arizona-duke-other-top-25-teams

Go Gophers!!

In looking at the link, KU MS and NC look as if they are either done (MS) or near done (KU, NC) filling 2018 recruits. Those of you that follow recruiting closely, is it common for elite or top teams to be near done or done with recruiting at this time of the year? Is this an advantage or disadvantage to Minnesota?

There usually not done a lot of elite recruits wait until the spring to see who declares from these programs for the NBA

There usually not done a lot of elite recruits wait until the spring to see who declares from these programs for the NBA

Thanks, in reading the Duke paragraph, Jones appears not to be Duke's top PG choice. Or I am just biased to MN.

Thanks, in reading the Duke paragraph, Jones appears not to be Duke's top PG choice. Or I am just biased to MN.

Darius Garland may be their top choice for a 2018 point guard, but there's been rumblings that he may be leaning toward Vanderbilt.

With Grayson Allen graduating and Trent and Duval likely being one and done, they would likely take both Garland and Tre as there would be potentially plenty of minutes and a starting spot for each.

Duke has been known to play two traditional point guards at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps but I would imagine they'd Target someone ranked in the 30-50 range for PG 2. Recruit two potential one and done guys than you're just in the same boat bext year. Guessing K would like a good three to four year player it's why he recruited Allen to round out Winslow, Tyus and Okafor

With Grayson Allen graduating and Trent and Duval likely being one and done, they would likely take both Garland and Tre as there would be potentially plenty of minutes and a starting spot for each.

Duke might take them both but they're a lot less likely to get them both. If jones and garland are idealizing a one and done situation they'd want to be showcased.

I'm rooting for garland to pick duke for obvious reasons but ideally duke would wind up with neither of them and they bolster their hometown programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In looking at the link, KU MS and NC look as if they are either done (MS) or near done (KU, NC) filling 2018 recruits. Those of you that follow recruiting closely, is it common for elite or top teams to be near done or done with recruiting at this time of the year? Is this an advantage or disadvantage to Minnesota?

None of them are really done right now. It might look that way based on open spots in the class but they will have spots open up for players if they want them.

Top Bottom