Great new video interview with Fleck - he's fired up about the Twin Cities!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I am Committed....but I will never de-commit.

This guy inspires me and makes me remember the glory days and I love the idea of this team being a bridge to the national champion years

Makes me want to come home until I think about January!

That right there fires ya up! He's the ultimate salesman! I think he's real though. If he leaves it won't be his fault. Embrace it Gopher fans, you sure damn deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it, great video. Awesome that he spoke highly about all this great state has to offer while also noting the potential the football program has considering its history. Good stuff!

How the heck do you listen to this guy and decide to go to Iowa? lol Boca is pretty dang nice, but you gotta laugh at the contrast to Lane Kiffin being excited for his school. Great video! Great passion! Hard to imagine our recruiting doesn't just continue to improve going forward. I'm assuming we win some football games too. Let's play!!!

PJ is lightning in a bottle. He can express himself very well and is capable selling what Minnesota has to offer.

But to be fair, I would guess that Kill/etc, Brewster, Mason and others before Fleck had the same speech. Nothing new here. Just a different guy saying it.

Like 60's guys said, we need to win some football games too. Win big and often. That will be the lynch pin. And that is something that none of his predecessors have been able to do. The stuff about Minnesota has always been there. Good luck to PJ with the winning part. The hard sell about Minnesota has been there for a long time.

Just last December he was telling anyone who would listen (national media especially) how much he loved Kalamazoo.

Just last December he was telling anyone who would listen (national media especially) how much he loved Kalamazoo.

I love living in Minnesota. But $3.5 mil/year could have me loving a lot of other places too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, huh? I'm very surprised by that. And what was he supposed to say? "Kalamazoo sucks hard and I'm counting the seconds until I can get out of here"?

Why are some of you so scared of Fleck leaving when he hasn't coached a single game yet?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Why are some of you so scared of Fleck leaving when he hasn't coached a single game yet?

Only one person in this entire thread even brought up him leaving.

Go Gophers!!

So take it with a healthy grain of salt. He's getting paid ($2.5M of the $3.5M) to promote the U and for community involvement.

And no, I don't think he is going anywhere soon, especially if his teams are successful in the win column, which I think they will be immediately.

So take it with a healthy grain of salt. He's getting paid ($2.5M of the $3.5M) to promote the U and for community involvement.

And no, I don't think he is going anywhere soon, especially if his teams are successful in the win column, which I think they will be immediately.

I'm not following.

If he said he loved the last location... maybe he actually did?

I enjoy(ed) some previous places I lived too, and the Twin Cities...

Only one person in this entire thread even brought up him leaving.

Go Gophers!!

I hope it's only one person. I think in another thread, CBS Sports said he was the least likely coach to leave in all of college FB? Either way, he's our coach. Go Gophers, Ski U Mah and RTB

Good stuff. As was said earlier though, Brewster was saying similar things. But it's what needs to be said.

I do have to say when he was talking about the names of the teams & all Minnesota and not Minneapolis this, or St. Paul this, or Edina this.....maybe that's what the Wild should do & change their name to the Edina Wild? Edina's had more winning success at Xcel Energy Center than the Wild has......HEY OHHHHH!

I'm not following.

A little "Love the One You're With" by Crosby, Stills and Nash would be fitting.

I'm not following.

You can only love one place at a time. I believe it's a law.

Anyone see gopherhole and Pat's twitter interaction on twitter yesterday? I can't post it from work. Maybe someone else can.

Indeed.
In fact, Michigan provides more options for activities than Minnesota with four Great Lakes, hiking, biking, canoeing, big cities, arts, farming, etc.

Fleck is a person who is marketing his current program. Take his comments with a grain of salt and don't expect deep loyalty if a better job comes along.

I'm not following.

Not saying that he did or didn't. Opportunity knocked, he answered. As pointed out earlier, it's basic coach-speak...why would we expect him to say anything different? JK said pretty much the same thing, then moved on.

He hasn't coached a game. No fear of him leaving when he hasn't really begun.
Like anyone in any profession. I wish him well whether he works for my company or someone else's.
What I don't do is cling to every word or phrase that comes out of his mouth. He's just a football coach in the end.

Indeed.
In fact, Michigan provides more options for activities than Minnesota with four Great Lakes, hiking, biking, canoeing, big cities, arts, farming, etc.

Fleck is a person who is marketing his current program. Take his comments with a grain of salt and don't expect deep loyalty if a better job comes along.

Agree, but I don't see him going anywhere unless he fails, which is highly, highly doubtful. He takes the program to the next level and he'll already be in that "better job". U will back up the Brinks truck. Same goes for Pitino.

He hasn't coached a game. No fear of him leaving when he hasn't really begun.
Like anyone in any profession. I wish him well whether he works for my company or someone else's.
What I don't do is cling to every word or phrase that comes out of his mouth. He's just a football coach in the end.

Exactly, you shouldn't have to cling to every word. Fleck himself has also said that his style isn't for everyone. Personally, I'm excited about what he has to offer, but in the end, the program's results will be the bottom line.

Top Bottom