Former Gopher Damien Wilson arrested for aggravated assault with deadly weapon

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NBC Sports:

When teams wrap up their offseason programs, coaches often talk about the need to stay out of trouble in the weeks leading up to training camp because they want to avoid situations like the one Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson finds himself in on Wednesday.

According to multiple reports, police in Frisco, Texas have confirmed that Wilson was arrested on Tuesday night. Details about what led to Wilson’s arrest haven’t come to light, but he has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Wilson has played in every game for the Cowboys over the last two seasons and made six starts during the 2016 regular season. He has 49 tackles and a half-sack in those appearances.

Wilson also found his way into pre-camp headlines last year when he was shot with a paintball and hurt his eye. Wilson avoided serious injury and an extended absence, but this development may have a bigger impact on his availability and standing with the Cowboys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-for-aggravated-assault-with-deadly-weapon/

Go Gophers!!

Statement from the Cowboys:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

He gone. Welcome to Arby's, do you have any coupons?

What an idiot.

Wow. Quick to judgement aren't we? With that little blurb, you were able to make a determination of guilt? Impressive.

Because the police have never arrested and charged a black guy in Texas (or America) and later seen those charges fall off, right?

I wonder why the Cowboys didn't already cut him? I mean, he was charged and he's black, so he's obviously guilty (sarcasm).

Or you could be a reasonable person and wait until more details come out - or even better - until the legal system plays out.

I'm predicting he is on the Cowboys this year.

I just went and re-read that story again. Literally ZERO details about what took place.

The fact that we have people on this board who make determinations of guilt from a headline or just based on police charges is VERY troubling - but makes perfect sense when you think about how each of the Gophers who went through that suspension crap were automatically charged, convicted and crucified just because they got erroneously included in a EOAA report.

Hey, they're black and someone said they did something questionable? After all the unbelievable police behavior in this country the last few years, you'd think every person would be wary of taking the cops at their words just because they're cops.

I just went and re-read that story again. Literally ZERO details about what took place.

The fact that we have people on this board who make determinations of guilt from a headline or just based on police charges is VERY troubling - but makes perfect sense when you think about how each of the Gophers who went through that suspension crap were automatically charged, convicted and crucified just because they got erroneously included in a EOAA report.

Hey, they're black and someone said they did something questionable? After all the unbelievable police behavior in this country the last few years, you'd think every person would be wary of taking the cops at their words just because they're cops.

So you respond to an overreaction with one of your own?

Is this better? "If true, what an idiot."

what an idiot is a fair statement.
it is fairly easy to make it through life without ever waving a gun at someone

Texas and you're black, you already have two strikes against you. We wintered in Kerville 4 years ago and saw some stuff that thought you were back in the 60's. First of all, in Texas everything is bigger and better than any place in the world according to the locals. Don't get me wrong. Places like San Antonio , Austin, and even parts of Dallas there are a lot of educated people that don't have that " redneck " philosophy. Still, you hit the smaller towns and communities you see a lot of " Back Off " mud flaps with Yosemite Sam pointing two guns on them.

what an idiot is a fair statement.
it is fairly easy to make it through life without ever waving a gun at someone

So you saw a video with him waving a gun? or wait, Damien came out and made a statement and admitted it?

Oh no no, that's right, you're one of those who reads a news/blog story based off nothing but an initial police report and considers it 100% FACT. Sweet.

Sounds like he threw a roll of coins at someone...

Texas and you're black, you already have two strikes against you. We wintered in Kerville 4 years ago and saw some stuff that thought you were back in the 60's. First of all, in Texas everything is bigger and better than any place in the world according to the locals. Don't get me wrong. Places like San Antonio , Austin, and even parts of Dallas there are a lot of educated people that don't have that " redneck " philosophy. Still, you hit the smaller towns and communities you see a lot of " Back Off " mud flaps with Yosemite Sam pointing two guns on them.

Says the white guy from Ely. You are a beauty.

I looked up the charges under Texas law, assuming he's never had a similar charge, it's a Class A Misdemeanor. A Texas Class A Misdemeanor would best translate as a Gross Misdemeanor here. It also appears that charges are reduced or dropped in a high percentage of cases. I like visiting Texas but wouldn't live there because of the screwy legal system.

He was too cheap he did not do it with gold coins. Otherwise, the guy who got hit gets to keep them, and you'll never hear about a charge.

Boy I hope the Star Telegram got their facts right or WriterGoph will be all over them. He clearly wants facts before making any judgements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy I hope the Star Telegram got their facts right or WriterGoph will be all over them. He clearly wants facts before making any judgements.

Hey brah, didn't you learn from the U's scandal and all the Star Trib sh*t that just because a newspaper prints something, it doesn't mean it's true or 100% true? Christ. It's like you don't remember 6 months ago.

Its the Cowboys. My guess is he gets suspended four games by league and plays week 5. Thats if he did something wrong which we dont even know yet.

Hey brah, didn't you learn from the U's scandal and all the Star Trib sh*t that just because a newspaper prints something, it doesn't mean it's true or 100% true? Christ. It's like you don't remember 6 months ago.

LOL

But wait, what happened to the "gun" everyone assumed he was waving around???

Spoofin, now just in the last few hours, there have been multiple tweets and stories saying different things ranging from a "roll of quarters" to a "rifle". So obviously, we need to wait and let the facts come to the surface.

My point with this whole thing was, it's a little quick to be writing our former captain off as "an idiot" so early in this story. Just seems this fanbase - out of all others - should have learned a bit of patience. Or wait, is Reggie Lynch still a rapist because that's what the initial news story implied? Or even better, Antoine Winfield had to be running a train because he was on the EOAA report?

Tell me my point doesn't make sense. And then go back to referring to every player by your lil' initials and numbers. Because you seem much better at that than understanding the difference between a freakin' first-run news story and an actual conviction.

All hail, King Spoofin! In this kingdom, if it makes the internet, then clearly 100% of every word or allegation is true. After all, why would someone print something that hadn't even sniffed a court room or a trial?

Spoofin, now just in the last few hours, there have been multiple tweets and stories saying different things ranging from a "roll of quarters" to a "rifle". So obviously, we need to wait and let the facts come to the surface.

My point with this whole thing was, it's a little quick to be writing our former captain off as "an idiot" so early in this story. Just seems this fanbase - out of all others - should have learned a bit of patience. Or wait, is Reggie Lynch still a rapist because that's what the initial news story implied? Or even better, Antoine Winfield had to be running a train because he was on the EOAA report?

Tell me my point doesn't make sense. And then go back to referring to every player by your lil' initials and numbers. Because you seem much better at that than understanding the difference between a freakin' first-run news story and an actual conviction.

All hail, King Spoofin! In this kingdom, if it makes the internet, then clearly 100% of every word or allegation is true. After all, why would someone print something that hadn't even sniffed a court room or a trial?

Really dude?
First you attack someone for "going off" & rushing to judgement without facts, then you go off, insinuate more than once that race is a factor here (no facts), then make a comment that the "gun" theory was wrong because of some "ShadyPrince" tweet (which apparently is fact?) all the while saying you can't believe what you read. That was all on page 1 of this thread. Now, you are trying to take some high road???

I think the great irony of painting all cops as crooked while in the same breath complaining about prejudiced behavior vs blacks is lost on you.

That's not to say I totally disagree with you re: this situation - it's seemingly always the case there is more to the story. Sounds like a road rage incident. Idiot A wanted a parking spot, idiot B stands in his way, gets knocked over, idiot C confronts idiot A, A presents a firearm, B calls the cops, C claims B pulled a gun. Being it was probably in a parking lot at the stadium there should be some video.

I doubt race has anything to do with this. If anything players will get some favorable treatment. Somewhere an ambulance chaser is making phone calls.

Wow. Quick to judgement aren't we? With that little blurb, you were able to make a determination of guilt? Impressive.

Because the police have never arrested and charged a black guy in Texas (or America) and later seen those charges fall off, right?

I wonder why the Cowboys didn't already cut him? I mean, he was charged and he's black, so he's obviously guilty (sarcasm).

Or you could be a reasonable person and wait until more details come out - or even better - until the legal system plays out.

I'm predicting he is on the Cowboys this year.

I love how this poster starts with a "quick to judgment" and then declares that without any proof that it is because Wilson is black. What a moron.

Top Bottom