The Comeback: 2017 Predictions: Big Ten (BTW: MN - 5th; Coach of Year: Fleck (tied))

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Comeback:

Big Ten West Division

Wisconsin (6 first-place votes)
Nebraska
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue
Three ballots placed for the Big Ten West had the exact same order, and that just so happened to be the order you see above. The Badgers, defending division champions, swept our first-place ballots this season, while Nebraska managed to stay just ahead of Northwestern in our ballots (one point separated the two).

Before you go picking on Purdue, know that the Boilermakers were picked to finish fifth place in the West Division by two of our staff members, but last on every other ballot.

Coach of the Year

Paul Chryst, Wisconsin (1)
Jeff Brohm, Purdue (1)
P.J. Fleck, Minnesota (1)
Mike Riley, Nebraska (1)
Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern (1)

Well, how about that? If you thought our player of the year picks were diversified, check out our coach of the year picks. Not one coach received two nominations from our staff. And notice the names that are missing from the conversation; Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and James Franklin.

“The Badgers are set up for a run with a favorable schedule and enough returning talent to pile up wins,” said Phil.

In fact, every coach receiving a vote coaches in the West Division. Newcomers P.J. Fleck and Jeff Brohm should be fun to watch as they make their Big Ten debuts, and a good run from Nebraska should keep Mike Riley in the mix.

http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/2017-college-football-predictions-big-ten.html

Go Gophers!!

What the bleep is "The Comeback?"

If I start my own website, "SON on Sports," and post some articles, will Bleed link them to the board, too?

I guess what I'm saying is - does a media outlet have to have some credibility in order to be linked/posted here? I am NOT knocking Bleed - just pointing out that not all opinions are created equal.

What the bleep is "The Comeback?"

If I start my own website, "SON on Sports," and post some articles, will Bleed link them to the board, too?

I guess what I'm saying is - does a media outlet have to have some credibility in order to be linked/posted here? I am NOT knocking Bleed - just pointing out that not all opinions are created equal.

I'd read you. I don't fall into the coveted demographic, however. Sorry.

Looks like one of the Grantland knock-offs. Bill Simmons started a new site call The Ringer for those that miss Grantland. Whether The Comeback has any gravitas is irrelevant in a world that has Dienhart. Barikmo gives Dienhart a run for his money.

Top Bottom