Be honest....who really thought EE was going to make that kick?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Congratulations to Eric Ellested....he's paid his dues for 2+years and kicks the game winner in his first collegiate action....oh, and BTW that frickin' kick was good from 55+!!!!!:eek::clap:

Great moment for Ellestad.

I was actually more comforted when Eskridge ran to the left side. Being a right footed kicker the left hash is easier than the right hash for some reason. It may be that you get a better visual look at it when you are setting up - not totally sure.

Being only a 35 yard kick i actually thought there was a pretty good chance it would go through. On the 47 yarder he missed i actually told my friend "0 percent chance he makes this."

I was a little nervous because some of his extra point kicks weren't even hit very well, and were far from down the center. I'm just glad to see he makes these and we don't have another Gianni.

As I watched I felt really good about it. I could feel that this was going to be his moment. I bet it was a great trip home for him.

Very happy for him but I have to say I was in a pretty negative place as he lined up. With a couple notable exceptions (@PSU, Sconnie with Lloyd), these kicks haven't been kind to us over the years.

lol I'm not used to things going my way wtih the Gophers- I thought it was a miss for sure. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than be dissapointed and wrong.

since i cheer for all minnesota sports

i was half expecting him to get it blocked......bounce right into a syracuse defender, and have it run back the other way

I knew he would get the job done. I told my son before the kick..."he is $"
'nough said! ;-)

I was not concerned about him making it, however I am always worried about the snap/hold. It was a fantastic kick though.

I thought he was going to make the 1st one, the camera angle was very deceiving, lol........

That missed 47 yarder was mostly the coaches fault. The play clock was winding down and didn't give Ellestad enough time to make a well timed kick. We needed those 3 pts and the coaches should have called a time out. Hopefully, they'll watch for this the rest of the season.

I expected him to make all but the long one (47 yards?).

We will be fine at the PK position.

I expected him to make it all the way - told my friend so. BTW, according to the paper, the 47 yarder was blocked, not missed - if there is a difference. It looked on line.

I expected him to make it all the way - told my friend so. BTW, according to the paper, the 47 yarder was blocked, not missed - if there is a difference. It looked on line.

The way the kick sailed off to the left, I was wondering if it was blocked. But with the crappy ESPN coverage, they didn't show a replay, or discuss what may have happened. I'm sure they went into some Paulus coverage instead. That may have been the worst television broadcast I've seen of a college game.

The way the kick sailed off to the left, I was wondering if it was blocked. But with the crappy ESPN coverage, they didn't show a replay, or discuss what may have happened. I'm sure they went into some Paulus coverage instead. That may have been the worst television broadcast I've seen of a college game.

The coverage was disgusting........

I wasn't real optimistic, but he crushed that ball, seems like it would have been good from 50. Nice work young man, nice work.

That missed 47 yarder was mostly the coaches fault. The play clock was winding down and didn't give Ellestad enough time to make a well timed kick. We needed those 3 pts and the coaches should have called a time out. Hopefully, they'll watch for this the rest of the season.

Actually, a late lineman running on the field would be the problem. With this being the first game, kinda shocked not too many issues with players on the field, or lack there of.

Top Bottom