New Intro Song for the Fleck Era

stocker08

Reaction score
It's been discussed before.........but it's worth bringing up again. I suggested this song a while back.........and with Chris Cornell leaving us.......I feel like it's even more appropriate.

And I'm sick of hearing about how great 'Jump Around' is during the third quarter break. Want to pump up the crowd for the fourth quarter?

I'm not on board with either one. You probably would do okay with the 45 to 54 year old white male. I'm in that group but I kind of like the current mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm not on board with either one. You probably would do okay with the 45 to 54 year old white male. I'm in that group but I kind of like the current mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

45-54? Beastie Boys I understand but Audioslave was the '00s.

I've always wanted "Let's go crazy" by Prince before the 4th quarter. It's Minnesota. The Wild made the change for their goal song and the response has been very positive.

Jump Around during the third quarter break is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someday we can be like Nebraska and just know what song will be played in the intro each and every year and we can stop discussing intro songs.

Also, maybe someday our gameday coordination staff (no idea what to call them) will finally figure out how to have the team run on the field at the exact right moment of a song.

And I'm sick of hearing about how great 'Jump Around' is during the third quarter break. Want to pump up the crowd for the fourth quarter?

This song is also played at Camp Randall every week

Sabotage is exactly the type of song I'd want to hear to start the 4th quarter. All hype. I also think Ecstasy of Gold by Metallica would be pretty cool, although I'm not sure if its a bit too cheesy. I just think the name fits too well :cool:

I listened to Audioslave Cochise all the way to the end. I want my T shirt now. I earned it! :eek:

Everyone is going to have their favorite pump up music. IMO have to go with an edit featuring Fleck's pregame speeches similar to the CFP intro a few years ago, mixed with a major hit. That could be anything...I'm personally not going to go with Lorde but each his own. For example, you really can't go wrong with editing in parts of Lose Yourself, the lyric isn't even that necessary, that intro is enough. BTW check out the Nelson pass at 2:40. Love the MAXX and Cobb highlights as well...I have a feeling we're going to have some highlight reel material this season. Great things ahead boys!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nu6Zv7EosBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wB3NEWv3osw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've always wanted "Let's go crazy" by Prince before the 4th quarter. It's Minnesota. The Wild made the change for their goal song and the response has been very positive.

Wild for goals, Vikings for TDs and Twins for HRs all use "let's go crazy.."

Ok, bust my chops. Would love to see the intro theme from the war movie ": Where Eagles Dare
incorporated some where on the big screen with a tunnel view of the players getting ready to come out. Of course you could get real sappy: " In my little red rented row boat...little red rented row boat...not much of a show boat....but at least it it row when I row..row...row...at least it will row when I row..."Ok, now you can call me a knucklehead!!!

Ok, bust my chops. Would love to see the intro theme from the war movie ": Where Eagles Dare
incorporated some where on the big screen with a tunnel view of the players getting ready to come.Or the band could play it before the Rouser.Of course you could get real sappy: " In my little red rented row boat...little red rented row boat...not much of a show boat....but at least it it row when I row..row...row...at least it will row when I row..."Ok, now you can call me a knucklehead!!!

How about pick 3 random students to sing a round of Row Row Row your boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we are all just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks, I think the idea of bands like Strange Names, or The BlindShake, Mac Irv, and I am sure there are plenty more. At least the U of M would be supporting alumni.

I am not suggesting that the music groups be played at the end of the 3rd Quarter. What I am suggesting is that the U consider having a pre/ post game (or multiple) concert(s) featuring groups under the radar with U ofM ties like the ones mentioned in this post. It would be easy to have an area set-up outside the stadium (walking distance). Make game-day an event. Heck have it close to/ along the Victory walk route and have the bands announce the walk. http://www.citypages.com/music/goph...madness-fight-song-for-u-of-m-video/416355783

Minnesota has give birth to many bands. Why not add a live band(s) to the experience. And yes I'd be on board with "Lets go Crazy". The problem is I am not sure they'd be patient enough to give the students who may have not been alive when the song was released to catch on. A Prince sing along song like DMSR (snippet) might be better. Then again having the crowd sing "dance music, sex, romance" might be a bit much for a football game.

I am really old school. If there's going to be music, I want it from the marching band. That says "college football" to me - not another random rock song you hear all the time on KQ or whatever classic rock station you listen to.

I do like the idea of having live music on the plaza or wherever during the pre-game/tailgate time. But, one person's groove is another person's turnoff. I'm not a hip-hop or heavy metal guy.

I am really old school. If there's going to be music, I want it from the marching band. That says "college football" to me - not another random rock song you hear all the time on KQ or whatever classic rock station you listen to.

I do like the idea of having live music on the plaza or wherever during the pre-game/tailgate time. But, one person's groove is another person's turnoff. I'm not a hip-hop or heavy metal guy.

297.png

Well, we do have excellent cover bands. An example would be Westside band:
Coverbands could bop around from style to style. I still think that a "young" band showcase featuring Mn Alumni would be great if only for a game or three. I am hopeful to get fans in the stadium already hyped.

Top Bottom