New Intro Song for the Fleck Era

Since we are all just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks, I think the idea of bands like Strange Names, or The BlindShake, Mac Irv, and I am sure there are plenty more. At least the U of M would be supporting alumni.

I am not suggesting that the music groups be played at the end of the 3rd Quarter. What I am suggesting is that the U consider having a pre/ post game (or multiple) concert(s) featuring groups under the radar with U ofM ties like the ones mentioned in this post. It would be easy to have an area set-up outside the stadium (walking distance). Make game-day an event. Heck have it close to/ along the Victory walk route and have the bands announce the walk. http://www.citypages.com/music/goph...madness-fight-song-for-u-of-m-video/416355783

Minnesota has give birth to many bands. Why not add a live band(s) to the experience. And yes I'd be on board with "Lets go Crazy". The problem is I am not sure they'd be patient enough to give the students who may have not been alive when the song was released to catch on. A Prince sing along song like DMSR (snippet) might be better. Then again having the crowd sing "dance music, sex, romance" might be a bit much for a football game.

How about playing the chorus to this Mac Irv song? I like it... MINNESOTA, Gophers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the stadium while the team is waiting to run out of the tunnel?

I figured I might start each day with that playing and get amped up enough to run through my office wall.

I hear they're going to start playing "Dare to be Stupid" by Weird Al. Seems appropriate.

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the stadium while the team is waiting to run out of the tunnel?

I figured I might start each day with that playing and get amped up enough to run through my office wall.

After the heart beat sound and when they start doing their side to side deal, they play Next Episode by Dr. Dre.

I've always wanted "Let's go crazy" by Prince before the 4th quarter. It's Minnesota. The Wild made the change for their goal song and the response has been very positive.

Every team in the state does Prince now. We need something original. But none of this crap matters if we don't win. No one would know about Jump around if the Skunks were a mediocre program, fighting for bowl births in Nashville and Detroit

Every team in the state does Prince now. We need something original.

I disagree but it doesn't matter. I don't think the U is going to read these comments and make a change anyways. Its going to be "Do the Gopher". Still there would be more energy in the stands if Prince was playing then "Do the Gopher".

I propose taking the money from selling farm supply ads on BTN and getting Migos to do a trap remix of the Rouser and play it after all the touchdowns.

Recruiting wins championships.

After the heart beat sound and when they start doing their side to side deal, they play Next Episode by Dr. Dre.

I wish they would do an extended Next Episode intro, as that song gets our group very pumped up.

Top Bottom