Night games

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
What are the chances the Iowa game on October 28 turns out to be a night game? I ordered tickets for this game and plan to spend one night in a hotel. If it is an 11:00 AM or 2:30 PM start I will drive down Friday night and stay in a hotel prior to the game. In the unlikely event it turns out to be a night game, I would switch to staying over Saturday night instead.

Otherwise, as of now the only night games for sure on the schedule are the first two: Oregon State (away) game and of course the Thursday night opener at home. Any other candidates for a night game on the Gopher schedule this season?

Oh... and so far I am 0-4 in my attempts to attend a victory in person on the road for the Gophers. Hopefully this doesn't doom the effort to return Floyd home.

What are the chances the Iowa game on October 28 turns out to be a night game? I ordered tickets for this game and plan to spend one night in a hotel. If it is an 11:00 AM or 2:30 PM start I will drive down Friday night and stay in a hotel prior to the game. In the unlikely event it turns out to be a night game, I would switch to staying over Saturday night instead.

Otherwise, as of now the only night games for sure on the schedule are the first two: Oregon State (away) game and of course the Thursday night opener at home. Any other candidates for a night game on the Gopher schedule this season?

Oh... and so far I am 0-4 in my attempts to attend a victory in person on the road for the Gophers. Hopefully this doesn't doom the effort to return Floyd home.

I'd just book two separate refundable hotel rooms and cancel one when the schedule comes out.

I'd just book two separate refundable hotel rooms and cancel one when the schedule comes out.

Easier said than done. Last time we played in IA city the only way I could get a room on campus was to pay the Hampton Inn > $300 for non-refundable room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the faith. I attended my first win last fall in Champaign - Urbana. Not only did I see the Gophers beat the Illini, I got to see Dick Butkus get honored at halftime.

Regarding the gametime, I am terrible at figuring that stuff out.

Book Friday and Saturday night. Just make sure of the cancellation policy. Then cancel the night you don't want after you find out the game time.

Book Friday night a few towns over and stay in Iowa city the day of the game or just make a weekend of it. You could rent a motor home with friends and camp out in a lot. I think Walmart has a standing policy that motor homes can stay overnight free of charge. Airbnb. Wear shabby clothes and stay in a shelter.

+1. I've got (3) separate, fully cancelable hotel rooms booked in IC for the weekend.

Sorry to be a hotel room hoarder but road game vets should know how this works.

Assuming none of the other game times change (which I assume they won't) the options for prime time are:

MI State @ Northwestern
NE @ Purdue
MN @ IA
IN @ MD

The only way I think MSU @ NW is prime time is if MSU is unbeaten or one loss when they make that call (they play Bowling Green, Western MI, Notre Dame, Iowa, Michigan, and Minnesota by that point). That's based on perception that MSU is rebuilding and NW is good thus an uneven match up. Also, Ryan Field does not have permanent lights so I'm not sure if this is even possible short notice.

I'd be stunned if NE @ PU was prime time. Purdue will be awful again. Again, unless they're undefeated or one or two losses (they play Louisville, Ohio, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin so that ain't happening) I just don't see them being desirable. They already have a gift prime time game Sept. 8 since they are installing permanent lights this year. This reeks of 11:00 on ESPN 8 - the OCHO.

I doubt IN @ MD, but I could see it happening because of TV's and could be a decent game. Both middle of the pack teams last year, MD looking like they're improving. Depends how both teams start - if they have similar and decent records I could see it, otherwise no.

That leaves Gophers vs. Hawkeyes. I have to think that is the front runner. Both teams have to have pretty good records at this point, but both teams have fairly easy schedules at the point they'll make the call (MSU being the big wild card).

But I've been wrong enough times before speculating on game time that who knows what might happen... :)

Top Bottom