Big Ten instant impact recruits (Kendarian Handy-Holly, S, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per PennLive.com:

Kendarian Handy-Holly, S, Minnesota

Handy-Holly is one of coach P.J. Fleck’s first major recruiting victories, pulling the big safety out of Alabama despite offers from Louisville, Florida, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Handy-Holly already stands at 6-3 and 200-plus pounds and plays a position where the Gophers could use some help after losing team tackles and interceptions leader Damarius Travis. Handy-Holly has a similar build to Travis and can be disruptive in a variety of ways. With his skill set and head start after enrolling January, Handy-Holly should be an early factor.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/06/big_ten_instant_impact_recruit.html

Go Gophers!!

Very nice Bleed. Good to see that we have someone that will be a factor at the safety position.

If he cracks the two-deep ahead of freshman All-American Antoine Winfield, 5th year veteran McGhee (7 starts last year; more if not suspended for hits?), 5th year veteran Ayinde (14 career starts), and third year veteran and Fleck personal favorite Jacob Huff, we are in even better shape than I think.

He didn't even commit to the Gophers until the end of January, so I'm pretty positive that he didn't enroll early.

If he cracks the two-deep ahead of freshman All-American Antoine Winfield, 5th year veteran McGhee (7 starts last year; more if not suspended for hits?), 5th year veteran Ayinde (14 career starts), and third year veteran and Fleck personal favorite Jacob Huff, we are in even better shape than I think.

I personally Ayinde is garbage. Great story, but doesn't have the goods IMO, he was brutal vs Penn state

Only one of those is a sure thing to be trusted

I personally Ayinde is garbage. Great story, but doesn't have the goods IMO, he was brutal vs Penn state

Vs PSU, yes he was.
Vs WSU, he was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. No need to kick this kid about that game any longer.

Amen. The coaches saw the PSU game as well, and that is why AA4 rode the bench for much of the following games. However, he kept his head up, worked hard, and it paid off when they had to play him significant time in the Bowl game. Hard not to respect that. It also makes me excited for this year. The PSU game performance is in the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kunle is no star and he gets picked on by other teams but he never lost his drive and he certainly played well in the bowl against a QB who should have eaten him for breakfast.

That game was a textbook case of getting inside a QBs head early and often. A masterstroke.

There was some recent hubbub about Purdue and them leading at the half (never mind MN was a poor first half team under the K-C regime and great at adjustments). David Blough after the game last season commented on his rough second half and he stated they threw every coverage in the book at him after half time. I fear we're going to miss our defensive coaches. I hope not. Those defenses were fun to watch - you just knew game in and game out they would tighten up the D as the game wore on, after giving up early scores.

Top Bottom