Missouri offers unique experience for fans to stay in dorm rooms for football games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

If you're an out-of-town fan attending a Missouri home game, you can stay in Columbia while reliving those rowdy college days.

Starting this fall, fans can rent out dorm rooms on Mizzou's campus to attend football games and other events, according to St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The rate for a two-bedroom suite is $120 a night -- about on par for what you'd pay for a cheap hotel on a game weekend anyway. Parking is extra, but WiFi and basic linens are included. Just, uh, bring your shower shoes.

Three of Missouri's seven vacant residence halls will be available for rent as part of an initiative to offset the financial stress of the university's declining freshman enrollment. There's no word yet on whether alcohol will be allowed in the dorms, but if you did college right, you'll find a way to sneak it in.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ans-to-stay-in-dorm-rooms-for-football-games/

Go Gophers!!

LOL
the thought that they cant fill up the Dorms with students is hilarious

I could see people being willing to shell out some cash for a chance to relive the good old college days. Or to live it for the first time if you spent all your time studying the first time around.

IIRC, U of M students had to temporarily stay at the Days Inn on campus because the dorms were too full. They have 7 halls completely empty?

I was making a joke about anytime something happens someone notes how it only happens here.

I could see people being willing to shell out some cash for a chance to relive the good old college days. Or to live it for the first time if you spent all your time studying the first time around.

This was long my million dollar idea: college fantasy camp. Looks like I'm too late to the party.

Missouri is seeing a 24% decline in Freshman enrollment this year, some are attributing this to the racial tensions that led to the Chancellor resigning.

Some of the states down there have been more aggressive with education funding cuts too, Missouri has been cutting fairly regularly IIRC. I'd think twice about enrolling at a school making cuts each year, or at least more than others.

Sounds like a decent idea but paints a brutal situation for Mizzou. Judging by the recent success of the football team I don't see them filling up too many of these residence halls. Would make for a great night though

If you've ever been to Columbia, Missouri you'll know how awful the hotel situation is in that town on game weekends.

Missouri is seeing a 24% decline in Freshman enrollment this year, some are attributing this to the racial tensions that led to the Chancellor resigning.

It's looking more like a 34% decline from 2015 which is a startling statistic. The conventional wisdom is this is a result of the student takeover of the campus in 2015, Professor Melissa Click, and the administration caving in to the demonstrators. This is getting into off topic board territory but seems many students are literally scared to attend a school where they will be attacked, judged, and heckled for the color of their skin, particularly with enforcement entities like the EOAA standing by ready to expel. Seems like a fair choice to attend school in a less hostile climate.

I attended Mizzou my first semester in Fall '12 before transferring to the U. Very interesting. Great for the fans, risky for the school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attended Mizzou my first semester in Fall '12 before transferring to the U. Very interesting. Great for the fans, risky for the school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they'll get to relive the fire alarms going off at 3 AM (and every 33 minutes there after)...

How does that even happen?

24 % decline in enrollment because of the snowflakes PC BS liberals went crazy there last year. So university is trying to recoup some cash. People spoke with there feet! They want free speech

It's looking more like a 34% decline from 2015 which is a startling statistic. The conventional wisdom is this is a result of the student takeover of the campus in 2015, Professor Melissa Click, and the administration caving in to the demonstrators. This is getting into off topic board territory but seems many students are literally scared to attend a school where they will be attacked, judged, and heckled for the color of their skin, particularly with enforcement entities like the EOAA standing by ready to expel. Seems like a fair choice to attend school in a less hostile climate.

Yup. A fake crisis has lead to the inevitable response.

Laws Hall...I spent a month there one night.

Top Bottom