Gophers-Miami will be Wednesday, Nov. 29

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't this a signal of additional respect playing a later game? Seems a lot of recent years MN was a very early game, mon or tue.

My guess would be the 9:00 time slot on ESPN2, if they keep the start times similar to what they were last year.

My guess for that Wednesday would be:

Duke @ Indiana - 7:30(ESPN)
Boston College @ Nebraska - 7:00(ESPNU)
Clemson @ Ohio State - 7:00(ESPN2)
Michigan @ North Carolina - 9:30(ESPN)
Penn State @ North Carolina State - 9:00(ESPNU)
Miami @ Minnesota - 9:00(ESPN2)

Also, this is the first time I can remember the challenge being stretched over a 4 day period.

Isn't this a signal of additional respect playing a later game? Seems a lot of recent years MN was a very early game, mon or tue.

It's a little different this year, as there's a Thursday game (ND @ MSU). Guessing it has to do with the 2 conference games all B1G teams will play between Dec. 1-4.

Traditionally ESPN has dumped some of the "less desirable" games on Monday, but that's not the case this year with Maryland/Syracuse & Wisconsin/Virginia.

It does seem pretty clear which games will be the "dump" games (on ESPNU) Wednesday and Thursday. ... Florida State/Rutgers on Wednesday, Boston College/Nebraska & Penn State/NC State on Thursday.

Michigan & Nebraska in December?

What did Michigan end up losing to graduation or the draft this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did Michigan end up losing to graduation or the draft this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ Wilson got drafted, Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin graduated. Moritz Wagner is still there, and Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews is eligible this year. I think they're still supposed to be a top half Big Ten team and likely to make the tournament, maybe even fringe top 25.

DJ Wilson got drafted, Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin graduated. Moritz Wagner is still there, and Kentucky transfer Charles Matthews is eligible this year. I think they're still supposed to be a top half Big Ten team and likely to make the tournament, maybe even fringe top 25.

They also landed stud PG grad transfer Jarron Simmons from Ohio U. Averaged nearly 16 PPG and 6.5 APG last year, averaged nearly 8 APG as a sophomore.

Also return starting SG Muhamed-Ali Abdur Rackman who averaged over 9 PPG last year.

Duncan Robinson also got another year of eligibility who I believe was a starter two years ago when he averaged over 11 PPG.

Duncan Robinson seems like a candidate to surprise many with unexpected points production. He can shoot. Maybe this is the year he's comfortable. I have a feeling Michigan will be just fine. Sorta like Wisconsin under Bo...always near the top seems to also describe Belein.

Duncan Robinson seems like a candidate to surprise many with unexpected points production. He can shoot. Maybe this is the year he's comfortable. I have a feeling Michigan will be just fine. Sorta like Wisconsin under Bo...always near the top seems to also describe Belein.

I think there were some grumblings around the Michigan fan base about wanting Beilein fired about halfway through last season. It took them until February to win their first road game of the season. There were complaints about his recruiting, that he really hadn't landed a big fish in awhile, only one top 50 recruit since the Derrick Walton/Zak Irvin class, and that guy was Kam Chatman, a top 30 recruit who ended up averaging about 3 points a game. He's been just a hair over .500 in conference the last 3 years, going 8-10, 10-8, 10-8. Winning the Big Ten Tournament, going to the Sweet Sixteen, and having a guy drafted have probably gotten him back in the fans' good graces, but after 2+ years of okay, but not great basketball, there were some dissatisfied fans.

ACC early power rankings: Miami is No. 1 after jumping UNC, Duke and Louisville

The ACC team with the most talent isn't on Tobacco Road, it's in Coral Gables

Link

Looks like 5* freshman Lonnie Walker tore his meniscus. Still early on as there's no timetable set for when he could potentially return.

Top Bottom