PJ Fleck on Sports Huddle 6-25-17 (?)

10:35am. Hosts are "trying to get a hold of Fleck." May be talking to recruits?

Will try to contact him during the show. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: at 11:40am, Dave Mona said he received a text message from PJ Fleck. Fleck was on an airplane at his normal 10:30 time slot and could not do the interview.

They hope to have Fleck back on the show next week. Same Sid time, Same Sid Channel.

Whew, for a moment I thought Fleck had decommited...[emoji41] [emoji482]

When is this segment going to end? Sid's questions are nearly incomprehensible, the U has moved all sports to KFAN, why would a coach spend time clearing his schedule to be on this show?

That's some elite communication right there.

When is this segment going to end? Sid's questions are nearly incomprehensible, the U has moved all sports to KFAN, why would a coach spend time clearing his schedule to be on this show?

History...hard to cut ties? At the same time...extremely poor communications by someone. Don't they touch base to see if he is going to be available? This guy is moving. He isn't going to wait to see if Sid's hearing aid is adjusted right.

Let's be fair. No way Fleck could have known he would be in the air during his normal weekly time slot and given them advanced notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might not view Sid as an "elite" relevant value. Sid definitely isn't a priority.

Mona should be given sainthood for his patience with Sid, having to repeat each question 3 or 4 times

Was thinking about this. Having the Gopher FB coach on every week is a relatively recent development. I'm trying to remember when it started.

But, back in the day, the Gopher FB coach used to do the 9:30-10:00 slot during the season only, and that was the "official" coaches show when 'CCO was the flagship station for the Gopher Radio network. I can remember when Mason used to take questions from listeners - then he got ticked off at some of the questions, and stopped that practice. During the winter, the Gopher men's basketball coach filled the 9:30 slot, and during Twins season, the Twins Manager did 9:30 to 10:00.

Anyway, at some point - might have been Brewster, or Maybe it started with Kill, the FB coach started doing more 'off-season' segments, and that grew into the current practice with a weekly segment from the Gopher FB coach.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that this is a relatively recent practice, so if it goes away for whatever reason, it's not the end of the world. Maybe a monthly segment in the off-season would work better. Less repetition. I mean, how many times can you listen to Sid asking the same questions?

Sid is more annoying with each passing week, but people still listen. If Gopher football can be on every week, they'd be crazy not to.

But if Fleck is going to take a week off, someone at the U has to call WCCO and let them know.

Was thinking about this. Having the Gopher FB coach on every week is a relatively recent development. I'm trying to remember when it started.

But, back in the day, the Gopher FB coach used to do the 9:30-10:00 slot during the season only, and that was the "official" coaches show when 'CCO was the flagship station for the Gopher Radio network. I can remember when Mason used to take questions from listeners - then he got ticked off at some of the questions, and stopped that practice. During the winter, the Gopher men's basketball coach filled the 9:30 slot, and during Twins season, the Twins Manager did 9:30 to 10:00.

Anyway, at some point - might have been Brewster, or Maybe it started with Kill, the FB coach started doing more 'off-season' segments, and that grew into the current practice with a weekly segment from the Gopher FB coach.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that this is a relatively recent practice, so if it goes away for whatever reason, it's not the end of the world. Maybe a monthly segment in the off-season would work better. Less repetition. I mean, how many times can you listen to Sid asking the same questions?

SON, The weekly segment started with Jerry Kill - when he was hired and continues to this day.

You're right about the previous coaches. Their appearance(s) would end at season's end. They would return for a segment or two if the Gophers had a bowl game (before and after). Some of the coaches would return after National Signing Day for a brief discussion about the signed recruits.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom