Nolan Edmunds vist MSU 6/21 & decommits 6/23/17, Bryce Williams commits 6/22

hungan1

Reaction score
It looks like Michigan State flipped Edmunds. They offerred him 6/14.

He took an unofficial visit on 6/21.

It looks like Bryce Williams was next in line. He was offered 5/17.

Williams visits & commits Gophers 6/22.

Edmunds decommits 6/23.

per Greder:

After pledging to the Gophers in March, Georgia running back Nolan Edmonds announced Friday morning he is reopening his recruiting process.

“After much consideration, I’ve decided to de-commit from the University of Minnesota in order to open my recruitment,” Edmonds tweeted.
Edmonds, of Alpharetta, Ga., received an offer from Michigan State on June 14. The 5-foot-11 and 206-pounder also had offers from Louisville, California, Syracuse, Illinois, Purdue, Kansas and Boston College, among others.

On Thursday night, the Gophers received an oral commitment from Sarasota, Fla., running back Bryce Williams. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound back had offers from Purdue, Iowa State and Central Michigan, among others.

With the recent addition and subtraction, the Gophers’ 2018 recruiting class now stands at 18 members.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/23/gophers-football-georgia-running-back-nolan-edmonds-de-commits/

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully the kid from Sarasota is a speed/scat type player that can catch the ball. Third down back/jet sweep kind of guy who puts pressure on the edges.

It is too bad we lost Nolan Edmunds. At 5' 10.5" 206, he has meat on the bones.

With so many early verbal commits - more than we've seen at this point in years, there is bound to be more decommits than we're used to as well. I would guess the coaching staff expects this to happen. Anyway, good luck to both players.

With so many early verbal commits - more than we've seen at this point in years, there is bound to be more decommits than we're used to as well. I would guess the coaching staff expects this to happen. Anyway, good luck to both players.

Elite and expecting recommit?

I'd love to see Nolan's team mate Oyenmwen Uzebu recommit.

The downside to certain early commits is buyer's remorse and opening up teams like the Gophers to poaching.

This going to be the status quo until the Gophers start winning conference titles and they give recruits reasons to consider the Gophers a destination of choice.

In the current football arms race, there are no gentlemen's agreement anymore.

I am not worried. PJF will upgrade Gopher Football to heights we haven't seen in a while. It is only a matter of time.

edmunds doesn't outwant it as much as williams outwants it. upgrade.

Too bad about Edmunds, nice to have Williams on board though.

On the 247 board, it was stated that the Gopher staff did not know of Edmunds visit to Michigan State in advance. Kyle (the main guy on that site) stated that he talked to Nolan and got the feeling that the de-commit was more about wanting to see other schools than wanting to commit to Michigan State specifically.

I am a little disappointed in our recruiting right now. The four guys we've lost have all been guys I was excited about and seemed to be safely among the top half of our class to date in terms of both rankings and offers. On the other hand, the last 4 or 5 guys we've had commit all seem to be of the "sleeper" type with offers lists much more reminiscent of the last regime. Hopefully things pick back up by the time signing day rolls around.

On the 247 board, it was stated that the Gopher staff did not know of Edmunds visit to Michigan State in advance. Kyle (the main guy on that site) stated that he talked to Nolan and got the feeling that the de-commit was more about wanting to see other schools than wanting to commit to Michigan State specifically.

I am a little disappointed in our recruiting right now. The four guys we've lost have all been guys I was excited about and seemed to be safely among the top half of our class to date in terms of both rankings and offers. On the other hand, the last 4 or 5 guys we've had commit all seem to be of the "sleeper" type with offers lists much more reminiscent of the last regime. Hopefully things pick back up by the time signing day rolls around.
Maybe the secret visit caused the staff to pull offer. Just saying .......

Maybe the secret visit caused the staff to pull offer. Just saying .......

Likely. I think we need to start offering kids of higher character that won't pull this type of shenanigans. Elite character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom