Florida RB Bryce Williams Commits to the Gophers!

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Sarasota, FL (Cardinal Mooney H.S.) running back Bryce Williams has committed to the Gophers over offers from Buffalo, Central Michigan, Iowa State, Purdue, South Florida, and Western Kentucky. He is a 3-star running back, according to 24/7 sports rankings.

At 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, Williams is an extremely quick running back that moves well in tight spaces/traffic. He is extremely elusive and picks up a significant amount of yards after contact. Williams isn't afraid to use a stiff arm or spin move when necessary. He has above average lateral agility and changes direction on a dime with a sharp cutback. He stays low and cuts at a nice angle. I was very impressed with Williams' patience and vision. He reads blocks well and naturally cuts back when necessary. Williams doesn't try to hit a home run every touch and takes what he is given. He also has great hands and can be utilized in space as a spark plug with the ball in his hands. He has smooth hips and slithers between tacklers with impressive elusiveness. I love when he runs downhill out of the gun because he is super difficult to bring down. When he gets to the second level, he has another gear of burst. Williams is a very talented athlete that can provide a spark when he is isolated in space.

Minnesota's 2018 recruiting class now ranks 17th nationally and 5th in the Big Ten. Williams is the second running back commitment, joining Nolan Edmonds. The Gophers now have 19 commitments for 2018 on June 22.

Here is Williams' tape: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3974889/583c6db95b3cda08106a715f

Looks like a nice addition. Welcome aboard!

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/3974889/583c6db95b3cda08106a715f' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This guy is going to look great in Maroon and Gold and the fans will love him!

Love it. Elite addition. Great burst, decisive, seem to have a little of that Shannon Brooks edge to his running. Welcome!

per Joe:

The Gophers landed a commitment Thursday night from Bryce Williams, a running back from Sarasota Cardinal Mooney High School.

The 5-11, 180-pound Mooney is a consensus three star recruit who also had reported offers from Purdue, Iowa State, Southern Florida and Western Kentucky. He is the 19th commitment for the Gophers in the Class of 2018.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/StribSports_Upload/

Go Gophers!!

Nice get, very impressive film. Only thing lacking is elite size and speed. Definitely looks the part otherwise.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Young man appears to know where the end zone is !

18 or 19 commits at this point? That's sick! Row the f'ing Boat! [emoji571]?*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 things... 1) we got a creamer situation w Edmonds and more importantly 2) where the Sarasota, FL is gopher country guy!?! He's late!

2 things... 1) we got a creamer situation w Edmonds and more importantly 2) where the Sarasota, FL is gopher country guy!?! He's late!

You could die and go to hell when in Sarasota, but you would have to go through Atlanta to get there.

Well, that's too bad. Nolan was a thicker body (Williams is or will be substantially bigger than 180 though), also looked like a really good back.. would have been an impressive RB tandem. On to the next.

Someone on that forum said Williams looked as big as Brooks already.

I'm here! And I can confirm that Sarasota, FL is Gopher country

Top Bottom