What's going on with Marquis Williams?

No membership here but According to Tyrone carters twitter feed someone tweeted him saying he needs to get marquise to commit to the U. Tyrones reply was "Not when a coach tells u that ur uncle is forgotten around these parts, and not respecting his wishes to make his decision after his Season!" I'm guessing it has something to do with this. tweeted a few other things and then retweeted a few trolling sconny fans replies. I don't know what happened but I'm losing a little respect for one of my fav gophers of all time.

I highly doubt that coach Fleck would say that Tyrone Carter is "forgotten around these parts". Nobody is that stupid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That was my first thought as well! I'm sure fleck has met Tyrone at least once or twice since taking the HC job. I can't imagine he would say that to his nephew while on a visit. Miscommunication perhaps? That has now been blowin way out of proportion. Either way I was really hoping marquis would come to the U but that doesn't appear to look so good right now.

Sounds like they're telling him there's only one spot left and he should grab it if he wants it for sure.

TC is an all-time great but would also like to be on staff...

Tyrone has forced his hand and thinks the recruitment is about him, not his nephew. He wants a coaching job and this goes back to before Fleck was here too. He's upset too that there's only one DB spot left and the staff is basically telling Marquis it's now or never.

Id be curious how interested Wisconsin actually is. I've always thought Tyrone has hyped up Marquis' interest in them to get the full attention from the Gopher staff.

Related to TC? I want him here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No membership here but According to Tyrone carters twitter feed someone tweeted him saying he needs to get marquise to commit to the U. Tyrones reply was "Not when a coach tells u that ur uncle is forgotten around these parts, and not respecting his wishes to make his decision after his Season!" I'm guessing it has something to do with this. tweeted a few other things and then retweeted a few trolling sconny fans replies. I don't know what happened but I'm losing a little respect for one of my fav gophers of all time.

Hard to imagine Fleck would say something like that... weird.

Totally fine not getting this kid. I really like a lot of the secondary guys they've gotten recently (Harris, Handy-Holly, Beck, Henderson, Smith, Sapp). They've had no problem landing highly thought of DBs. Winfield is only a true Sophmore. Thomas is a promising redshirt freshman. Durr looked good, and will hopefully make a full recovery.

I think they'll be just fine without him.

Not really liking the strained relations with a higher-profile NFL guy from the U. You have to think he could be a valuable asset in some capacity. But, what does Tyrone expect? Some prestigious and high paying title handed over when he becons? Rename TCF "Tyrone Carter Field." What are the expectations for his cousin, or whatever? Hold him a spot while he holds out for other offers? There's one spot left, and it's yours if you commit to joining the program. If not, they have to give it another quality player that will.

Rampant entitlement. Imagine what's going to happen when the coaching staff gives a starting spot to another player, tries to get him to play in a way they don't feel benefits him personally, wants him to try a new position, or even gives him some special teams assignments. Twitter spout-offs, playing the victim, etc.

Have fun, Wisconsin.

Sounds like someone needs to mend some fences if they really want to land this kid. Some of the higher ranked guys may want to play out the recruiting process.

Sounds like someone needs to mend some fences if they really want to land this kid. Some of the higher ranked guys may want to play out the recruiting process.

I think that's their whole point they got other kids their interested in they are rated just as high as him so why do they need to hold a spot for him. If the word is he was told that there is only one spot left for DBs why do they need to hold it for him? He's not a 5 star.

Well then nothing to worry about. Wait, they actually told him the deal is only for today, and they have other interested buyers? If they commit within the next 30 minutes do they get free floor mats?

Well then nothing to worry about. Wait, they actually told him the deal is only for today, and they have other interested buyers? If they commit within the next 30 minutes do they get free floor mats?

Is that really what was said or are you just making an assumption based on Tyrone twitter?

Sounds like they're telling him there's only one spot left and he should grab it if he wants it for sure.

If this is the truth, then Carter's reaction is very childish. If he wants to make his decision after the season, by all means do it. But you may not have an offer at that time. I don't see anything wrong with that. You only take so many at each position.

The reason TC is pissed is because they seemingly took a shot at him with the 'people are forgetting about your uncle, its the new MN' comment. I'm guessing it was either out of context or misunderstood and that the statement was meant to say 'we're building something new here, you can be a part of it' and not a shot because anyone would know its not smart to disparage a recruit's family.

I highly doubt that coach Fleck would say that Tyrone Carter is "forgotten around these parts". Nobody is that stupid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Could have been an assistant who said it, or maybe it's much to do about nothing either way we have our work cut out for us here

TC is an all-time great but would also like to be on staff...

I suggest that he get some coaching experience. Nobody walks in off the street and gets an assistant coaching job in a Power 5 conference; especially not without so much as a GA or volunteer job somewhere.

I suggest that he get some coaching experience. Nobody walks in off the street and gets an assistant coaching job in a Power 5 conference; especially not without so much as a GA or volunteer job somewhere.

What about Mike Vrabel?

Crushing my dreams... :(

Saw someone suggest that maybe Williams doesn't want to go to MN so instead of disappointing Carter by telling him that, he made this up so it made it easier to go elsewhere. Highly unlikely but possible I guess.

I just don't see how Fleck or another coach could be that stupid.

i wouldnt put it past fleck to say something like that. He is extremely arrogant. but who knows TC dug himself a hole back in December probably ended any chance of him being employed at the University.

i wouldnt put it past fleck to say something like that. He is extremely arrogant. but who knows TC dug himself a hole back in December probably ended any chance of him being employed at the University.

Not sure if you've ever noticed, but that vast majority of D1 Head Football coaches are quite arrogant. You probably have to be when you are out recruiting some of these kids. People often mistake self-confidence for arrogance. I'd say Coach Fleck is more self confident than anything else. So, not sure what you are getting at here. Meyer, Harbaugh, Bielema, Saban, Kiffin, Strong, Petrino, all "arrogant". That's just to name a few. The least "arrogant" head coach was probably Claeys and he seemed to have the personality of a door knob. Look where that got him.

Carter was very visible during the "boycott". He even tweeted out the girls name. Given that Fleck is aligned with Coyle/Kaler it is likely that Fleck would avoid TC. Unfortunately the kid may be caught in the middle.

So Tyrone Carter lied?

Some folks take offense to some thing(s) and read / hear them as something else. They might not be intentionally lying exactly, but accuracy and perspective might be different depending on who you talk to.

Top Bottom