What's going on with Marquis Williams?

Carter was very visible during the "boycott". He even tweeted out the girls name. Given that Fleck is aligned with Coyle/Kaler it is likely that Fleck would avoid TC. Unfortunately the kid may be caught in the middle.

Yeah that incident wasn't pretty... the thing and TC's tweet.

Not sure if you've ever noticed, but that vast majority of D1 Head Football coaches are quite arrogant. You probably have to be when you are out recruiting some of these kids. People often mistake self-confidence for arrogance. I'd say Coach Fleck is more self confident than anything else. So, not sure what you are getting at here. Meyer, Harbaugh, Bielema, Saban, Kiffin, Strong, Petrino, all "arrogant". That's just to name a few. The least "arrogant" head coach was probably Claeys and he seemed to have the personality of a door knob. Look where that got him.

Right you need self confidence no doubt about it. but you dont alienate a fanbase by taking shots at a program great. I understand you want to make a "culture" change but i just don't agree with what he did if true.

Some folks take offense to some thing(s) and read / hear them as something else. They might not be intentionally lying exactly, but accuracy and perspective might be different depending on who you talk to.

Fair enough.

To me, it sounds like a kid that heard what he wanted to hear, and the uncle is thinking he should be given mythical status around the city. You really expect me to believe that one of the coaches flat out said "your uncle is forgotten around here"? Come on....I think we're all smarter than that.

Was something said in a context that may have been taken the wrong way by a 17 yo kid? Maybe. Should a 40 yo alumni be mature enough to know that there is no way that the coaching staff recruiting his nephew to his former school is saying derogatory things about him? Absolutely. Hate to say it, but its hard not to lose a little respect for TC over stuff like this.

These coaches blow smoke up people's $##es for a living. They are not in the business of disparaging NFL vet alumni who are large influences on current recruits.

This.

To me, it sounds like a kid that heard what he wanted to hear, and the uncle is thinking he should be given mythical status around the city. You really expect me to believe that one of the coaches flat out said "your uncle is forgotten around here"? Come on....I think we're all smarter than that.

Was something said in a context that may have been taken the wrong way by a 17 yo kid? Maybe. Should a 40 yo alumni be mature enough to know that there is no way that the coaching staff recruiting his nephew to his former school is saying derogatory things about him? Absolutely. Hate to say it, but its hard not to lose a little respect for TC over stuff like this.

These coaches blow smoke up people's $##es for a living. They are not in the business of disparaging NFL vet alumni who are large influences on current recruits.

Exactly

So Tyrone Carter lied?

Ok, I'll go out on a limb and say "yes". Mr. Carter (Shiite, you'd think I'm talking about Jim) keeps doing stuff to diminish his legend. He needs to just shut up.

As they say, "million dollar body and a 10 cent brain..."

Ok, I'll go out on a limb and say "yes". Mr. Carter (Shiite, you'd think I'm talking about Jim) keeps doing stuff to diminish his legend. He needs to just shut up.

As they say, "million dollar body and a 10 cent brain..."

Carter isn't stupid, but pride makes fools of us all.

I think you're 90% correct. I do have a hard time fully believing that TC is completely wrong on this. Its just too weird. He was recruited, his nephew already played here and he's been involved in other recruitments. And he's not dumb. That's why I can't just dismiss what he's saying because he's been around the block a bit here

Fleck is the current coach and hasn't lost a game yet. Therefore "he couldn't have said something so stupid". If it happened under Claeys, Kill, Brewster etc. "of COURSE he said it. It's a good thing that coach is gone!"

Pretty simple really.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW9XGollYUd5PNCrCeCrEHSpWaGosI7_VZdkPw0/

tyronec954Not only have my name been disrespected in front of my Son @_tyron.23 nephew @m.williams2_ by our new Head Coach then turn around and I hear that a trainer was told to have a closet cleaned out and throw everything out, but didn't have the respect to call me and ask me if I wanted my trophy something I worked so hard busting my Ass every snap, and never missed a practice or game in 4 years trying to help turn our program around with my teammates is totally "DISRESPECTING IN MY EYES" SMDH!!!!! But this life and if u know me, I will never let anyone discredit what I have worked so hard for in my life to make my name TYRONE CARTER means something and not Trash!!! [emoji817]✔️[emoji1548][emoji1544][emoji146][emoji432][emoji458][emoji1535]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ does talk a lot about not caring about the past.
People could interpret that as a bit of a dig.
PJ is kinda an in the boat or out of the boat guy anyway.
I'm sure he doesn't see this as that much of a loss.

If the trophy held sentimental value, why didn't he pick it up sometime in the past two decades? Was it being held hostage at the football offices, was he told it was property of the University and therefore he couldn't take it off premises? If he knew it existed, was it not disrespectful to have it put away in a closet in the first place, and not out on display? It feels like he's just looking for something to complain about publicly.

If the trophy held sentimental value, why didn't he pick it up sometime in the past two decades? Was it being held hostage at the football offices, was he told it was property of the University and therefore he couldn't take it off premises? If he knew it existed, was it not disrespectful to have it put away in a closet in the first place, and not out on display? It feels like he's just looking for something to complain about publicly.

exactly

It does seem weird to get upset about something being removed from such a closet.

I highly doubt that coach Fleck would say that Tyrone Carter is "forgotten around these parts". Nobody is that stupid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of someone mentioned in this thread that might be that stupid.

I'm thinking of someone mentioned in this thread that might be that stupid.

Anyone can be dumb at any moment, but without context it is weird that PJ would say that.... but still manage to stay on message at all the other events and not blunder repeatedly.

One context that might make sense is if he was making a point about something else.

Tyrone needs to get over it...how many more cousins does he have? I can't wait until we can really forget about this guy.

TC is losing it and destroying whatever credibility he may have had. There's something up with that dude.

TC is losing it and destroying whatever credibility he may have had. There's something up with that dude.

I think TC will be just fine.

I think TC will be just fine.

Well I hope so, and I hope that Fleck can have a sit down talk with him at some point as Carter was a contributor to the program.

Tyrone needs to get over it...how many more cousins does he have? I can't wait until we can really forget about this guy.

**** you. Coaches come and go but great players and glory last forever. What kind of real fanbgoes out of their way to **** on someone who was one of the best to put on the Maroon and gold and help make this program more than the punching bag it was between 1967 and 1999

**** you. Coaches come and go but great players and glory last forever. What kind of real fanbgoes out of their way to **** on someone who was one of the best to put on the Maroon and gold and help make this program more than the punching bag it was between 1967 and 1999

+1. The negative posts about TC in this thread are embarrassing.

Top Bottom