What's going on with Marquis Williams?

As it stands TC has done more for the program than PF. That balance may shift over time. Some people are a little more confrontational; I mean this is a great defensive player.

Does anyone know the REAL story here. I'm not talking about Burns or Gobie regurgitating what a staffer told them.

The only embarrassing thing is TC ruining his little nephews chance to play p5 football. Not talking about playing just here either.

As it stands TC has done more for the program than PF. That balance may shift over time. Some people are a little more confrontational; I mean this is a great defensive player.

Does anyone know the REAL story here. I'm not talking about Burns or Gobie regurgitating what a staffer told them.

I don't think anyone knows.

But that is what is so weird, it's not like some pissy social media post really tells the whole story either.

The whole thing is weird.

From what I've gathered TC/Marquis wanted to take all of his official visits and do a hat ceremony on signing day. His two favorites, Minnesota and Wisconsin already had multiple DB commits and weren't willing to wait 'til signing day for him over other targets. He stated recently he wanted to make a decision "soon" after he wasn't a take for the two favorites. Wisconsin got another DB commit so they have no room for him now. Minnesota is done with him because of the TC/Fleck drama.

It seems like TC was encouraging him to wait to make a decision even though spots at the two schools were filling up fast.

That's all likely true to some extent but doesn't address the something or multiple things said and possibly misconstrued, or not. Given how nutty recruiting can be who knows what is really going on behind the scenes? I can imagine a lot of scenarios. I'm not bagging on PJF as I don't really know what was said.

TC feels disrespected, whether there is a legit reason or he's overly sensitive I don't know.

Tyrone Carter may have an added E to his initials.

TCE?

From what I've gathered TC/Marquis wanted to take all of his official visits and do a hat ceremony on signing day. His two favorites, Minnesota and Wisconsin already had multiple DB commits and weren't willing to wait 'til signing day for him over other targets. He stated recently he wanted to make a decision "soon" after he wasn't a take for the two favorites. Wisconsin got another DB commit so they have no room for him now. Minnesota is done with him because of the TC/Fleck drama.

It seems like TC was encouraging him to wait to make a decision even though spots at the two schools were filling up fast.

I personally don't think it is PJ / TC drama as much as it is a deeper underlying issue with TC and U of M Athletics. See actions of both parties (TC and U) back in December. Pure speculation on my part though.

**** you. Coaches come and go but great players and glory last forever. What kind of real fanbgoes out of their way to **** on someone who was one of the best to put on the Maroon and gold and help make this program more than the punching bag it was between 1967 and 1999

The fan base that gets embarrassed by TC making unintelligent comments on the internet more often than not. He wants a job at the U and he's proven that he probably couldn't handle it. I do think you should keep alumni and Gopher greats, like TC, involved in your program, but when is enough enough?

Carter is really hurting his legacy by complaining about the U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fan base that gets embarrassed by TC making unintelligent comments on the internet more often than not. He wants a job at the U and he's proven that he probably couldn't handle it. I do think you should keep alumni and Gopher greats, like TC, involved in your program, but when is enough enough?

+1 We can be fans of what he did but that doesn't mean we have to ignore this feud he is trying to make public. The story is being told by one side over social media. If he legit wanted a coaching job anywhere, you would think he would be more mature about it instead of using social media for validation.

Top Bottom