Wasn't It Nice To Have US Come Back To Win

spermophilus

Reaction score
We've lost a number of games in just the way we won today.

I'm thrilled that the defense shut out the Syracuse offense

When is the last time the Gophers shut out an opponent on the road for an entire half? I cannot remember, if ever. This will be a good thing if the offense can stay on the field more and give them a good blow or break they can really wreak havoc. The Gophers can be as good a defense as we have seen in these parts since 1999. If we continue to get excellent play from Triplett,Campbell and Lawrence they are going to be tough to run the football on. Young guy's like Cooper, and Wilhite and Carter and Collado helping out is good. Game ball goes to the linebackers as a corps they were difference makers and tackling well today with the exception of one play. Campbell was an ANIMAL. He can lead my defense any day of the week, man I loved the intensity that guy plays with. Triplett showed he belonged on the field today I hope he keeps playing some more. I like the future of Keanon Cooper he is going to be a good one, I like how Kirksey and Mckinnley were getting after it. Lawrence was his usual high tempo chase everything down self, another quality player on defense. Were starting to get some athletes on that side of the ball that can play.

When is the last time the Gophers shut out an opponent on the road for an entire half? I cannot remember, if ever. This will be a good thing if the offense can stay on the field more and give them a good blow or break they can really wreak havoc. The Gophers can be as good a defense as we have seen in these parts since 1999. As the you guys like Wilhite and the likes of Cooper and Carter continue to contribute and we continue to get excellent play from Triplett,Campbell and Lawrence. Game ball goes to the linebackers as they were tackling well today with the exception of one play. Campbell is an ANIMAL.

They shut out Kent State on the road in 2006. But it feels a lot longer.

Indiana 2005 & Michigan State 2005 & 2006

I remember we were losing to Michigan 3-13 before rallying to win 20-23.......

I was just thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. Normally it is the other way around so from that perspective, it does feel good.

We rallied last year against NIU first game too.......

In the end we won on the road with a new D and O coordinator, returning medical reshirt starting RB, new PK, new Punter and a revamped O-line. Maybe we expected too much coming out of the gate. We'll learn much more next week.

Top Bottom