New Broadcast Home of Gopher WBB

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/062017aaa.html

Announcement regarding Gopher Sports broadcasts.

With its multimedia rights holder, Learfield’s Gopher Sports Properties, the University of Minnesota today announced a multi-year agreement with iHeartMedia Minneapolis that will keep Gopher football radio broadcasts on KFAN (100.3 KFXN-FM) while bringing men’s and women’s basketball and men’s hockey to iHeartMedia channels.

Gopher Football
Games: 100.3 FM
Gopher Football Weekly with P.J. Fleck: 100.3

Gopher Men's Basketball
Games: 1130 AM + 103.5 FM, with select broadcasts on 100.3 FM
Gopher Basketball Weekly with Richard Pitino: 100.3 FM

Gopher Women’s Basketball
Games: 93.3 FM
Gopher Basketball Weekly with Marlene Stollings: 93.3 FM

Gopher Men’s Hockey
Games: 1130 AM + 103.5 FM
Gopher Hockey Weekly with Don Lucia: 1130 AM

Count me among those who thinks Corbu does a good job. Much better than the previous announcer, Rita Maloney. However, it wouldn't bother me if they hired a new color commentator. Either way, I'm just happy to have the games available to listen to. Also, I'm hoping that the U of M cleans up it BTN Plus student broadcasts. I understand that these are mostly students doing the broadcasts, but I really felt that the U of M student broadcasts were among the worst in the BIG. The U of M student volleyball broadcasts were quite good.

Count me among those who thinks Corbu does a good job. Much better than the previous announcer, Rita Maloney.

Ah, Rita Maloney. Maloney would sometimes forget to say whether the ball went in the hoop. The play by play might be;

"Roysland with the ball in the near corner, Kelly DRIBBLE SPINS past a Hawkeye defender along the baseline, REVERSES past a Hawk in the lane and BREAKS TO THE HOOP! WHAT A DRIVE BY ROYSLAND!!! She left one Hawkeye on her wallet and another grasping air!!!...................[then, after a pause].... It will be Gopher ball out of bounds as the ball went off a Hawk in the scramble following the missed reverse layup."

On Sue's board there was (I think it was titled) a "Rita Maloney must go" thread.

Top Bottom