Doogie's Post Game Wrap Up

Reaction score
Doogie, just wanted to say that your analysis of the game on the front page was great. Hope to have you doing that after every game. Really like the detail that you provided.

Keep up the good work. :clap:

Doogie . . . I guess we know now why Brew has been "quiet" this team was not ready and not as good as advertised.

Here is hoping they grow by leaps and bounds this week.

That was ugly.

I agree with pretty much everything he said. Good analysis. Creativity and execution on offense, better pursuit on defense.

Thanks for the kind words. Will be in the press box next Sat. night, so the plan after the AF game is to mix in a fair amount of quotes. Getting married the day of the Ohio St game so will be tough that day, then going on a honeymoon, so will be equally as difficult for the MSU game...beautifully though, will get to watch both.

Have great holiday weekends these next 2-days.

When you said O-line was work in progress?

Good wrap up Doogie, Did you mean in scheme or in physical play and the ability to do what they want to do. Today mass did not kick ass, and could not even find ass.
IF Stommes is out then we are going to have to start audtioning other left tackle candidates as Alford looked totally lost. It is obvious the O-line cannot block with the straight off the blocks
power, smash mouth ability that Davis likes. We look o heavy and plodding along the offensive line and they get off the snap really slow This is not the power off the football with acceleration that I think they are looking for. This is going to have to be rectified, I still think we would be better with Tow-Arnett at LG and DJ Burris at center as it would give us four guy's who can move there feet and could get off the football together. If Stommes is out then we are in trouble at that spot because he was the most legitimate pass protector we had back there. This offensive line has to find some kind of rythem and tempo, it's timing is not clicking and they have bad feet right now. As a group they can get a lot better. We need to have some resemblence of a running game to control the clock and get some balance against Air Force, have to keep there offense off the football field. We got the win today and that is what matters the most.

A combination...physical play for sure, just based on Wills' sheer strength, or lack there of...but definitely in scheme...I'd be lying to you if I told you I could breakdown O-line play and what can work and what can't, but clearly something is off.

I believe that the O line was not ready for the defensive scheme of jumping around and moving. I believe that, because they were confused, they were slow. I know that when Marinovich batted down Weber's pass in the backfield, He lined up on Wills, and then shifted outside by about 4ft just before the snap. He came in untouched.

Spot on analysis Doogie.

I can't remember being so dissapointed in a game in which we won. I think that's a sign of program growth. ??

Top Bottom