All Things Ben Carlson Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020) UPDATED: Commits to UW

what does that have to do with carlson?

Built got a little excited and didn't know what to do since Beekman committed to his beloved Virginia squad.

per Marcus:

Eight big names

Ben Carlson 6-9 PF East Ridge: One of the state’s top rebounders, Carlson has most of the Big Ten after him, but Stanford is trying hard to lure him.

Steven Crowl 6-11 C Eastview: Relatively unknown nationally before a breakout spring as a highly-skilled big man for D1 Minnesota’s AAU program.

Dain Dainja 6-9 PF Park Center: His father, Dana Jackson, played for the Gophers, but Dainja decided last month to take his powerful post game to Baylor.

Dawson Garcia 6-11 PF Prior Lake: Garcia’s three-point range and mobility for his height has blue bloods looking at Minnesota again, one class after Duke signed Matthew Hurt.

Gabe Madsen 6-6 SG Rochester Mayo: Flashy scorer exploded for 53 points and 12 threes in a game last season. He recently picked up a Gopher offer.

Mason Madsen 6-3 PG Rochester Mayo: His twin brother, Gabe, has bigger offers, but Mason’s steady play might make some high majors offer them both.

Jalen Suggs 6-4 PG Minnehaha Academy: Two-sport standout and one of the state’s best athletes ever is leaning toward deciding in August to possibly stick with college hoops.

Kerwin Walton 6-5 SG Hopkins: Three-point shooting and defense are his specialties, which earned him offers from the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-12.

http://www.startribune.com/get-to-know-the-minnesotans-of-the-2020-class/512565352/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Carlson, the featured frontcourt player for D1 Minnesota minus Garcia, appreciates the attention he’s gotten from the Gophers.

“They’ve been recruiting me since my freshman year,” the 6-9 Carlson said. “It just shows how much they want me at Minnesota. My relationship with the coaching staff has grown in the past couple months. It’s definitely going in the right direction.”

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...extremely-deep-in-state-2020-class/512550602/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Carlson, the featured frontcourt player for D1 Minnesota minus Garcia, appreciates the attention he’s gotten from the Gophers.

“They’ve been recruiting me since my freshman year,” the 6-9 Carlson said. “It just shows how much they want me at Minnesota. My relationship with the coaching staff has grown in the past couple months. It’s definitely going in the right direction.”

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...extremely-deep-in-state-2020-class/512550602/

Go Gophers!!

So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Carlson still realistic after his showing last weekend ? Big boys looking around now.

Carlson is clearly healthy now. Big move forward since March.

per Marcus:

Gophers basketball has its first big recruiting date planned for the football team’s season opener next Thursday against South Dakota State at TCF Bank Stadium.

Expected on the first official visit for Richard Pitino this fall will be three-star Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) guard Ty Berry, but he won’t be alone.

Accompanying Berry will be several local prospects on unofficials, including 2020 targets and D1 Minnesota teammates Dawson Garcia, Kerwin Walton, Steven Crowl and Ben Carlson.

http://www.startribune.com/kansas-g...-recruits-visiting-football-opener/554893002/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If he doesn’t go to the U, it has to be Stanford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw his Friday, no way he is 6'9". More like 6'7". Either way I would love to commit to the UofM.

Left one more open for a unofficial to see if they have a open scholarship by Sept. 30. He covets that chance.

Not what i am saying. This has nothing to do with Garcia or the Gophers. Carlson has left room for one more unofficial in the event that school has a open scholarship.

Not what i am saying. This has nothing to do with Garcia or the Gophers. Carlson has left room for one more unofficial in the event that school has a open scholarship.

So you are saying he still has a school that he hopes to get an offer from.

who are you referring to as "they" then?

I've been hearing that Stanford may not have room for Carlson, that they are going after bigger fish at the forward position

So you are saying he still has a school that he hopes to get an offer from.

Yes. This is not unusual. Most recruits have a school they wish for and wait on. They rarely wait long, nor should they. He has a lot of wonderful offers including Minnesota. Anyone who has multiple Big10 offers, plus Stanford and Xavier sits in a great seat.

Top Bottom