Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

[QUOTE=Holy Man;1792509]
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per STrib:

One day after Wisconsin landed a commitment from a Minnesota big man in Eastview’s 6-10 Steven Crowl, another top Minnesota recruit followed suit. East Ridge’s Ben Carlson, a 6-9 power forward, announced on Twitter Wednesday his intent to play college basketball for the Badgers.

Carlson is a four-star recruit who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 4 senior prospect in Minnesota and No. 82 in the nation.

Carlson chose Wisconsin over Iowa State, Purdue, Stanford, Xavier and the Gophers.

When Carlson and Crowl join the Badgers, they will become the sixth and seventh Minnesotans on the roster. The others are Brad Davison, Nathan Reuvers, Walt McGrory, Joe Hedstrom and Tyler Wahl.

http://www.startribune.com/wisconsin...ers/560692562/

Ok, I'll bite. How in the world did we miss out on Walt McGory? Who is Walt McGory?
    Edina kid. Walk on

[QUOTE=manderson1984;1792511]
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post

Edina kid. Walk on
    And Hedstrom, a 4 year towel waver.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post

Ok, I'll bite. How in the world did we miss out on Walt McGory? Who is Walt McGory?
    It's not a miss if we didn't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    It's not a miss if we didn't want him.
    Sarcasm meter didn't register, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bonin21 View Post
    A comment on the Strib article asks what the attraction is for uw over Minnesota. Idk, maybe going to a better program...
    better drinking/party culture

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Bucky loves Minnesota kids that win large in the Big 10, no matter the pigmentation. This is a very good get for UW. They loved Gard and were convinced they would win big there.
    I though he had another dream school he was waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I though he had another dream school he was waiting for?
    He did, offer never came. They did not have one open in the 2020 class until September but needed to fill that with a dynamic 2-3 and are in the running for several especially if they hold it for 2021 where they will land a great one at that spot. It was timing and position. Ends up that it was always a 4 school race unless he received that offer.

I we really didn't want him, he must be a good shooter.