Unofficial visitors this weekend

hungan1

Reaction score

What's with the rating on Mayan Ahanotu? The offer list is loaded from top shelf schools.

What's with the rating on Mayan Ahanotu? The offer list is loaded from top shelf schools.

It is odd that his rating is that low. Did he skip camps or have a Benny Sapp type injury? We'll take him with his NFL pedigree.

Staff also has satellite camps in Texas tonight and Ohio tomorrow.

Man alive that's a nice offer list for the big fella. The way PJF is scoring commitments this class will be full in a hurry...we are not even to July! Don't usually the better recruits visit in season to get a feel for the atmosphere, at least it has with Kill and company as well as Brew? I gotta believe that there are some other highly rated recruits that we get on campus come in season and PJF and team will be locking them up! Give him props, he's doing his part on recruiting.

It's almost as if ratings aren't based on offer lists.

It's almost as if ratings aren't based on offer lists.

I realize this is your belief. Honest Question: Do you think offer lists can influence the rating assignor or do you think they assign the ratings without any influence from seeing/knowing the players offer list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize this is your belief. Honest Question: Do you think offer lists can influence the rating assignor or do you think they assign the ratings without any influence from seeing/knowing the players offer list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that it's not always a black and white scenario, and disagree that it doesn't or can't happen, as some seem to think. It's kind of silly to think that way, IMO.....about anything.

I'm sure there are plenty evaluators who didn't see as much of the player as a coach, or a coach liked him a different position than the evaluator saw him, or the player improved/regressed since the evaluator had a good look, etc....there are hundreds of scenarios.

It's happened, no question. A player has been looked at more closely or reevaluated after getting an offer from a school that didn't fit with the initial evaluation. The coaches are generally better at evaluating than some guy who played high school ball and has a journalism degree. The rating may be flawed (all are inherently flawed, because it's an estimate), and change over time with the input or variables (camps, offers, peer ratings, etc). I've never understood why some feel that the concept is unrealistic, or some type of tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory.

Man alive that's a nice offer list for the big fella. The way PJF is scoring commitments this class will be full in a hurry...we are not even to July! Don't usually the better recruits visit in season to get a feel for the atmosphere, at least it has with Kill and company as well as Brew? I gotta believe that there are some other highly rated recruits that we get on campus come in season and PJF and team will be locking them up! Give him props, he's doing his part on recruiting.

They will visit again in season if they're committing now

247 will sometimes re-rate soon after commitments. Sometimes live evals involved by 247 scouts...but I distinctly remember at least some where that wasn't the case. Someone needs to corner Goblirsch about this. Outside of the obvious athletic freaks and highly groomed 6 foot 4 QBs there is a vast sea of of 3 star and fringe 3 star players that could mature or regress their senior years. Some coaches seem to have a true eye for talent and guys that fit their mold. Desire/love for the game, football IQ, maturity, aggressiveness.

Bryce Williams, 0.8333 3* - RB 5' 11' 180 lbs Sarasota FLA, Cardinal Mooney. Is he Tyrone Carter's relative?
http://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Williams-82367

Mayan Ahanotu, 0.8147 3* - SDE/DT 6' 4" 250 lbs Tsmps FLS, Berkeley Prep.
http://247sports.com/Player/Mayan-Ahanotu-94568

247 Sports Crystal Ball predictions 100% for both. They both look like versatile players that can play other positions.

Are there any other visitors that anyone know of?

Congratulations Bryce Williams!

Now, we wait for Mayan Ahanotu's visit this weekend.

Congratulations Bryce Williams!

Now, we wait for Mayan Ahanotu's visit this weekend.

Congratulations Mayan Ahanotu!

What a great weekend!

Defensive line coach Bryce Paup is amassing a beasty D Line. :rockon:

It appears that both Bryce and Mayan are under rated. Mayan in particular has nice offers.

Hopefully, Mark Dantonio or Urban Meyer doesn't poach him.

With the total number of scholarship players at 86, is PJF done? I don't know if the medical hardships or gray shirts are included in the count. Does anyone know how many medical hardhips there are?

Top Bottom