First Day of Summer Practice 2017-18

All and good, but if you can't put the round ball in the round hoop with a "hand" in your face it is a moot issue with conditioning. Igy....do you know if Stollings brought in another coach that specializes in defense. I remember what Pete Maravich said: " My conditioning is finding different ways to get the ball in the basket"

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/071317aaa.html

Destiny Pitts and Irene Garrido acclimating to Minnesota:

Destiny Pitts and Irene Garrido Perez traveled different paths to Minneapolis, but both have at least three things in common: basketball, Spanish and status as newcomers for the Golden Gophers. The two have been on campus for a month taking classes and practicing with their new teammates.

Pitts is a freshman from Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan, while junior Garrido comes from Granada, Spain, via Western Wyoming Community College. Both are new to the Division I level, but both bring valuable experience.

Pitts was the 2017 Michigan Class B AP Player of the Year. She played in three consecutive Michigan state title games, winning in 2015 and 2017.

“I think it helps a lot because it gives you an extra boost of confidence,” she said. “You’ve experienced a big game before.

Garrido spent the past two years at Western Wyoming Community College, where she earned all-region honors twice and led the Mustangs with a 13.6-point scoring average last season. She said her time there helped her adapt to the United States and the American college athletics experience.

Top Bottom