CBS: LaVar Ball: UCLA-bound sons LiAngelo, LaMelo will be one-and-done

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Lonzo Ball spent just one season at UCLA before declaring for the NBA Draft, and if you put weight into the predictions of Big Baller Brand patriarch LaVar, his two younger brothers will do the same.

LiAngelo and LaMelo, members of UCLA's recruiting classes of 2017 and '19, are halfway toward fulfilling Ball's prediction. LiAngelo signed with the Bruins and will be on the hardwood next season. LaMelo is a top prospect with potential talent to be one-and-done like Lonzo.

Lonzo led the country in assists in his lone season and proved to be one of the most electric players in the country. But their father says no matter the on-court performance in Westwood for LaMelo or LiAngelo, one year of college is all they'll be taking.

"All my boys are gonna be one-and-done. Gelo [LiAngelo] is going [to] be one-and-done whether he's good or bad," LaVar told ESPN. "I'm going to put him in the draft, hope they don't take him. Bring him into the Lakers as a free agent, let him wind up with his brother and watch how good they play together."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...nd-sons-liangelo-lamelo-will-be-one-and-done/

Go Gophers!!

Hate to break it to you Lavar but LiAngelo is roughly the 260th composite recruit. He clearly had no business being on the floor with Dimes at the Ball is Life game. If he's one and done he will be in Iraq or some other **** hole in two years. He was a token recruit so Alford could get the Ball's that are actually good.Hell he will probably get cut after Melo leaves

Hate to break it to you Lavar but LiAngelo is roughly the 260th composite recruit. He clearly had no business being on the floor with Dimes at the Ball is Life game. If he's one and done he will be in Iraq or some other **** hole in two years. He was a token recruit so Alford could get the Ball's that are actually good.Hell he will probably get cut after Melo leaves
Yeah, Liangelo is a 3-star recruit on ESPN. I've seen Chino Hills play live, and all Gelo does is post up at the three point line and chuck up bricks. He doesn't have the creative talent that his brothers have, so I think the only way he makes is if he spends every minute of his life in the gym and becomes a Klay Thomspson-esque knockdown shooter. He already looks a bit like Klay, so all that's left is being good at basketball.

no chance liangelo is 1 and done

Anyone can be one and done, so maybe he will be, but I agree that he won't get drafted or picked up by an NBA team. If Lavar forces LiAngelo to be one and done, all he's doing is robbing him of a four year college experience, not to mention a scholarship. What an incredibly selfish idea.

Anyone can be one and done, so maybe he will be, but I agree that he won't get drafted or picked up by an NBA team. If Lavar forces LiAngelo to be one and done, all he's doing is robbing him of a four year college experience, not to mention a scholarship. What an incredibly selfish idea.

+1 couldn't have said it better myself. It's almost a lock that he is forced to be a one and done, now will he actually be drafted? That is a separate question.

I hope all the boys fail just because of their father.

Not fair. Don't care.

Maybe making LiAngelo be a one and done is his handshake agreement with Alford so he doesn't suck up more than one year of a scholarship. Alford takes that deal in exchange for two one and done seasons from his five-star brothers.

He can suck on the teet of his brothers. He can be their manager of some kind. With two people splitting the bill, he can make a very nice living without being a financial burden. He should get a financial degree from UCLA if he is allowed to stay until he graduates.

Smartest thing LaVar Ball did was take the Trump approach. No one can look away from the train wreck even those that can't stand the sight of him.

I'm hoping Lavar is one and done with everyone.

Top Bottom