Gopher Basketball: Get to know the newest faces of #Gophers basketball.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, can you provide more info on Hunt Conroy? Assume walk-on?

Is there a limit to walkons for the roster? Did either Sharp or Brady R. leave? Would've been nice to add Walt McGrory from Edina if that was ever an option?

I'm surprised that there is literally nothing out there on Conroy...doesn't even look (from an admittedly half-assed Google search) like he was a recruit/prospect for ANY level. Is he just a body to stand in at practice? I understand he's the son of a coach, but wouldn't one assume he'd have some type of recruiting interest - even at the lower level - if he was walking on here?

Not that I am upset about a walk-on coming to the Maroon & Gold! Just interesting is all. Go Gophs!

I'm surprised that there is literally nothing out there on Conroy...doesn't even look (from an admittedly half-assed Google search) like he was a recruit/prospect for ANY level. Is he just a body to stand in at practice? I understand he's the son of a coach, but wouldn't one assume he'd have some type of recruiting interest - even at the lower level - if he was walking on here?

Not that I am upset about a walk-on coming to the Maroon & Gold! Just interesting is all. Go Gophs!

I put probably put the same amount of effort yesterday researching him. His High School was Jesuit in New Orleans. If they had a good athletic portal on their website, I did not see it. I could track down some individual games where they were competing for their state playoffs and by keying in Branden Conroy in addition to Hunt.

I think Conroy was a difference maker last year on the bench with Coach Richard. To have a coach's son on the practice floor is fine with me, especially if he is an extension of his dad.

Top Bottom