No transfers for Gophers?

tripledouble

Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised that the Gophers haven't had any players transfer out of the program? I thought for sure that Stollings would lose some players due to last year's disappointing season. Just about every BIG program has lost players to transfer this off-season, including some key players. The last count I saw was over 20, and there have been more BIG transfers since I saw that number. I'm trying to think of what BIG teams other than the Gophers have not lost transfers. I'm too lazy to research this, but the only team that comes to mind is Northwestern, and they lost a ton of seniors. Does the fact that the Gophers haven't lost any transfers make us think that Stollings must at least be doing something right? I'm still not sure that this group will be able to get it turned around, but the fact that players are not defecting seems to give them a better chance. Teams can turn it around, as we learned from last year's Gopher men's basketball team and this year's Twins baseball team. Is it too optimistic to hope for an NCAA playoff berth next year?

I was expecting we would be losing a number of players. Still having a hard time seeing a turn around year. Stollings would have to actually learn and install a credible defense, emphasize rebounding, developed a true center and teach her guards offensive discipline. Anything can happen and the Big feels more open next year but I am doubtful it will happen.

No transfers isn't automatically a positive. Sometimes people who don't fit move someplace where they think they will be a more significant contributor. As a result, both teams are able to add players who become more integral parts of their new teams. Managing a basketball scholarship roster is a skill that often seems over looked. Yes, recruiting is priority number one. But sometimes you make mistakes. Are you going to live with those evaluation misfires for four years or find an acceptable solution to making changes? How skillful, how persuasive, how authentic, how tactful, how resourceful, how diplomatic are you in putting together your roster each season? Or do you just keep trying to jam a square peg in a round hole? Or are you convinced the disinterested, uninspired, or partially committed player will somehow magically finally hear your message this year? I don't think no transfers is necessarily a blanket positive.

Top Bottom