Lingen / TE Situation

Gopher Gildy

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been commented on, but what is the status of Brandon Lingen? Will he be ready to go come Buffalo game?

I think most would agree that we are (on paper) pretty light at WR heading into the season. Having Lingen as a consistent passing option would help our new QB so much, in my opinion.

Curious to hear what y'all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great question. He was still limping some in Spring. Beebe and Witham were also on sidelines in Spring. Beebe might fit offense better. Big Woz and redshirt Kieft got a lot of reps. I know his teammates thought enough of Lingen to elect him a captain at end of 2016 season under Claeys. He was very good in 2015. Would love to hear anything on any of those three TEs or new guys Paulson and Bursch.

Disagree on looking pretty light at WR.

I thought PJ seemed pretty pleased with what he has in Tyler Johnson and Rashad Still. He seemed to like Eric Carter as well. Holland, Gentry, Register all stayed on thru transition and may see new life in new system, new coaches. Redshirted frosh Hmielewski, Howard, and Williams all bring some nice athleticism to the table. Fleck seemed very excited about recruits AutmanBell, VanDyne, and Douglas. Some walkons like Morse and Geary impressed in Spring. Very nice pool of WRs for the trio of Fleck, Ciarrocca and Simon to continue their successful run with WRs.

The WMU offense showed a lot of balls thrown, but generalIy to mainly two guys.

I wonder if Ciarrocca game plans ways to use Shannon as a rcvng threat in a two back look with motion and shifts.

I agree that WR looks better than most pessimists care to admit, but these guys, even Johnson and Still, are not very experienced and their numbers have never been gaudy. But potential wise I think the sky is the limit, and have some good commits too! But this is about TE's right? We need Woz to step up. Ain't he like 7 feet tall? Cumon bro! Just jump! Ok it's harder than that I know but js. We got good run blocking TE's and we need that, but for pass catchers... Lingen is our best bet I guess. I think I remember reading hell be good by fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lingen seems like an ideal H-back for this system. I don't know anything about WMU's H-back as far as the low receiving stats; was it by design or did he not have great hands? I hope Lingen makes it back, he could do damage in this offense. Burns implied he's healing slowly but that was a few months ago so I don't think his current status is ublic knowledge.

I love Beebe as well but IMO he's not as athletic, i.e. I can't see him going down the seam but who knows? That said the sight of him rumbling down the sideline with the football sizing up those secondary players was one of the more thrilling sights for me last year. Too bad it wasn't called a bit more.

We keep hearing that all the players are going to be healthy for fall but then we never hear any specifics. I hope it's true, but I'm a little skeptical...

Lingen seems like an ideal H-back for this system. I don't know anything about WMU's H-back as far as the low receiving stats; was it by design or did he not have great hands? I hope Lingen makes it back, he could do damage in this offense. Burns implied he's healing slowly but that was a few months ago so I don't think his current status is ublic knowledge.

I love Beebe as well but IMO he's not as athletic, i.e. I can't see him going down the seam but who knows? That said the sight of him rumbling down the sideline with the football sizing up those secondary players was one of the more thrilling sights for me last year. Too bad it wasn't called a bit more.

A TE like Beebe is far better suited for Fleck's offense than Lingen. The H-back doesn't have a lot of receiving stats because they are mainly used to block. Lingen already split out some when he was healthy in 2015. If he makes it back this year, he'll be split out a lot more.

A TE like Beebe is far better suited for Fleck's offense than Lingen. The H-back doesn't have a lot of receiving stats because they are mainly used to block. Lingen already split out some when he was healthy in 2015. If he makes it back this year, he'll be split out a lot more.

Ok, I suspect we'll find out how Ciarrocca will use his TEs starting in about 3 months.

Top Bottom