ESPN: Colorado suspends chancellor, reprimands coach Mike MacIntyre, AD Rick George

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

University of Colorado chancellor Phil DiStefano has been suspended 10 days without pay, and football coach Mike MacIntyre and athletic director Rick George both have been reprimanded for mishandling their responses to allegations of domestic abuse against former Buffaloes assistant coach Joe Tumpkin.

Colorado's board of regents and university system president Bruce Benson announced the sanctions Monday after releasing the findings of a school-commissioned investigation by the WilmerHale law firm. The probe determined that DiStefano, MacIntyre and George did not intentionally cover up the information they received or break the law, but "mistakes were made," said Ken Salazar, the former U.S. senator and interior secretary who advised the school during its investigation.

"I wish to say again that I sincerely regret that I did not immediately contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance upon learning of the allegations of domestic violence," said DiStefano, who recommended his own punishment of the 10-day suspension. "Rather than trying to determine for myself if her complaint fell within our jurisdiction, I should have contacted our campus experts, who would have made sure that she received an immediate response from the university."

Both MacIntyre and George must contribute $100,000 to organizations that address domestic violence. They both also received a letter of reprimand and will undergo Title IX and domestic violence awareness training.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...istefano-reprimand-mike-macintyre-rick-george

Go Gophers!!

To me all this stuff is common sense. NCCA has really gone down in character, respect, loyalty, etc. etc. over the years.

Top Bottom