WR Rashod Bateman commits

Tooooooo Late RTB[emoji770]️— Rashod Bateman (@R_bateman2) December 13, 2017
He is the man, great news. 2017 is turning into steamboat, RTB and Ski U Mah, and Go Gophers! Building a better speed boat motor each week onward in Dinkytown.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

That is about the best tweet I've seen in a long time. Way to go, Rashod, on making the right and best decision. The next 4 years can be really special

I just want it to be the 20th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m about to sign up for Twitter in order to love that post!

I really hope this kid pans out because his tweets have been awesome.

People can bash Fleck all they want but you have to be at least somewhat impressed with what is happening in recruiting. We have guys in this class passing up helmet school offers to come here which is not something that happens much here. Bateman is publicly blowing off a team that is playing in the CFP because he is so committed to coming here which is a great thing for other high level recruits to see.

Nothing set in stone till they sign on the dotted line but I love seeing us getting commitments from guys with legit high level power 5 options. Those are the kind of players we will need to make the next step up in the division and conference.

That is very cool to read. Would have guessed that he would've stayed home, but apparently once Fleck has sold a kid on his vision for the young man, it is tough to pry him away.

Can never be too sure about kids these days, especially when it comes to verbal commitments.

But Rashod has been on-board since day one essentially, even after getting a glut of SEC offers in recent weeks.

I was never too worried about him reneging, mostly because I don't get worked up about kids changing their minds before NSD.

With that said, Rashod always seemed 100 percent Gopher to me.

People can bash Fleck all they want but you have to be at least somewhat impressed with what is happening in recruiting. We have guys in this class passing up helmet school offers to come here which is not something that happens much here. Bateman is publicly blowing off a team that is playing in the CFP because he is so committed to coming here which is a great thing for other high level recruits to see.

Nothing set in stone till they sign on the dotted line but I love seeing us getting commitments from guys with legit high level power 5 options. Those are the kind of players we will need to make the next step up in the division and conference.

Hard not to give a tip of the hat towards the talent evaluation too. Great job starting the relationship early on right under the noses of these SEC schools. I've noticed quite a few guys having their ratings boosted, but I can't tell if that is happening at a higher rate than normal or not.

Rashod's likelihood to be top dog here IMHO is better than at UGA.

Anything can happen in college football.

You've got a QB at OK who was a previous walk-on winning the Heisman. I am sure there are some highly touted Hayo's out there whose star fizzled out. Then, you've got guys like Maxx Williams that are as good as advertised at the college level.

We missed out on guys like JD Spielman. Are we going to regret letting David Alston go to NE? We don't know. Our coaches have to recruit to their system, and yeah there will be misses. On the bright side, we've got Alex Riegelsperger at WDE over Alston (purportedly, he was built for a different type of defensive alignment). On paper, we got a better deal. Time will tell.

Rashod's likelihood to be top dog here IMHO is better than at UGA.

Anything can happen in college football.

You've got a QB at OK who was a previous walk-on winning the Heisman. I am sure there are some highly touted Hayo's out there whose star fizzled out. Then, you've got guys like Maxx Williams that are as good as advertised at the college level.

We missed out on guys like JD Spielman. Are we going to regret letting David Alston go to NE? We don't know. Our coaches have to recruit to their system, and yeah there will be misses. On the bright side, we've got Alex Riegelsperger at WDE over Alston (purportedly, he was built for a different type of defensive alignment). On paper, we got a better deal. Time will tell.

Man you love Alston haha.

You gotta love the homers. As much as I hate to see him go to NE, I wish him well. The Gophers can't say yes to every single MN recruit especially when a player does not fit their system. It is their call.

Bateman is the real deal. So is most of this class. Now let's have a winning record in conference this year. The recruiting will get better. A lot better as we win. I am thankful for VV. He came right on cue. I also think Annexstad is the #2. VV to Bateman! VV to Johnson. VV to DD. VV to anyone that will hold onto the ball!

I think he’s going to be a star here.
And this December interest by the SEC-East teams will be part of his legendary story.

You gotta love the homers. As much as I hate to see him go to NE, I wish him well. The Gophers can't say yes to every single MN recruit especially when a player does not fit their system. It is their call.

Sometimes, even if they "fit" their system, there may be others (across the nation) that are simply better and compete at a much higher level.

I came here specifically to find out anything about Bateman. This is awesome news!

I'm getting more and more excited about this class and our future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope it is Brewster. It's apparent that Bateman has no interest given everything he's done and said recently, not to mention tagging the post with #RTB

Rashod Bateman kicks a$$. Super excited to see him in maroon and gold. He might compete with Mortell as tweeter of the year!

Coming full circle, a heck of an impact in a short time. Excited to see him rep the U on Sunday's.

Go Bateman!!

Top Bottom