WR Rashod Bateman commits

I'm just hoping NDSU doesn't swoop in and promise him playing for championships

That is a bummer. Ryan Burns mentioned a few days ago on KFAN that Georgia wouldn't be able to offer Bateman because they already have a full class (although at they time they only had 18 commits, and have since added the top guard in the country for a total of 19). I'm not sure how many scholarships they have available, but they are supposedly finding out about another WR this Friday who is deciding between Georgia and Tennessee (Alontae Taylor). They already have a ton of receivers on their roster (they supposedly had 7 in last year's class alone), so I wonder if Taylor's decision will impact whether or not they continue the pursuit of Bateman with one of their few remaining scholarships. They are also in on many other highly-rated recruits as well, so this will be interesting. Hopefully we can hang on!

That is a bummer. Ryan Burns mentioned a few days ago on KFAN that Georgia wouldn't be able to offer Bateman because they already have a full class (although at they time they only had 18 commits, and have since added the top guard in the country for a total of 19). I'm not sure how many scholarships they have available, but they are supposedly finding out about another WR this Friday who is deciding between Georgia and Tennessee (Alontae Taylor). They already have a ton of receivers on their roster (they supposedly had 7 in last year's class alone), so I wonder if Taylor's decision will impact whether or not they continue the pursuit of Bateman with one of their few remaining scholarships. They are also in on many other highly-rated recruits as well, so this will be interesting. Hopefully we can hang on!

My 2 cents fwiw:

He's 100% MN. However he has always wanted the hometown UGA offer. Now it's here (even tho conditional) he has to at least sound interested so he didn't take heat from friends, fam etc. I think the trust level is too great between flec, 2018 mn class and Bateman. However, the lure to stay home is there.

I don't think he leaves. I have been wrong before but he doesnt have near the relationship with ga coaches than with mn.

It's official...Georgia has offered Rashod. Here's the decision he has to make (if there's one to be made-praying there isn't!). He can come to Mn and compete immediately and make a serious impact as a top receiver OR flip to the Dawgs and compete with current starters AND compete with 94+ higher rated recruits. Next week will go very slow especially when yesterday, the Georgia coach Kirby Smart paid him a home visit.............C'mon PJ, don't fail us now!

https://247sports.com/player/rashod-bateman-46040957

LOL @ the bottom of his interest list. That can't be West Georgia's actual logo.....

It's official...Georgia has offered Rashod. Here's the decision he has to make (if there's one to be made-praying there isn't!). He can come to Mn and compete immediately and make a serious impact as a top receiver OR flip to the Dawgs and compete with current starters AND compete with 94+ higher rated recruits. Next week will go very slow especially when yesterday, the Georgia coach Kirby Smart paid him a home visit.............C'mon PJ, don't fail us now!

https://247sports.com/player/rashod-bateman-46040957

Hope I'm wrong, but.....

He gone.

Snelson 2.0.

Hope I'm wrong, but.....

He gone.

Snelson 2.0.

There is simply no way that a player who grew up in a SEC state is going to turn down an offer from the state's SEC school(s), in order to come to Minnesota, with where our program is at currently. Maybe an Ohio St, Penn St, or Wisconsin.

I don't blame them, in the slightest.

There is simply no way that a player who grew up in a SEC state is going to turn down an offer from the state's SEC school(s), in order to come to Minnesota, with where our program is at currently. Maybe an Ohio St, Penn St, or Wisconsin.

Because Curtis Dunlap didn't happen?

Because Curtis Dunlap didn't happen?

Actually not to be a Debbie Downer but ZERO has "happened". Commitments are not NLIs, that happens on the 20th. If he doesn't sign I'm sure Fleck has a backup plan and he does have time to go after new prospects with the February date as well. Plus our track record with other 4 star receivers has not worked out. We need a 5 star to try out! Or was Hayo one?

I did see Snelson had a monster game for one of the smaller Florida schools. UCF or USF, too lazy to check which.

If Bateman flips to a different school, I'll donate $25 to the football program. HE HAS THE SAME BDAY AS FLECK, its meant to be.

What if he decides not to sign on the 20th and wants to take some more visits, not sure if official visits can be done - but he could do an unofficial to UGA and other SEC schools, and sign with someone in Feb.?

On November 19th he tweeted this.
(He's tweeted a lot of RTB stuff before and after then, so he seems pretty tied in with the group).

bateman.jpg

What if he decides not to sign on the 20th and wants to take some more visits, not sure if official visits can be done - but he could do an unofficial to UGA and other SEC schools, and sign with someone in Feb.?

I don't know when the recruiting / visit windows open and close but you can sign anytime after the signing days. Signing day is just the first day... well... one of them is.

On November 19th he tweeted this.
(He's tweeted a lot of RTB stuff before and after then, so he seems pretty tied in with the group).

View attachment 5278

Well, he obviously didn't shut everything down.

Batemen is the key to unlock a huge QB get in the coming years. If we could have someone see who Batemen is (now he's got a Georgia offer to add to his resume) and want to throw the ball to him, that would be huge. Add that to our offensive line additions the last couple days, Fleck has some sales tools.

Well, he obviously didn't shut everything down.

Batemen is the key to unlock a huge QB get in the coming years. If we could have someone see who Batemen is (now he's got a Georgia offer to add to his resume) and want to throw the ball to him, that would be huge. Add that to our offensive line additions the last couple days, Fleck has some sales tools.

So thanking schools for offering him counts as "not shutting everything down"? Its not like schools are going to stop offering him just because he said he's shutting everything down. IMO he's just being polite.

He supposedly had an in-home visit from Kirby Smart, so that is definitely not shutting it down. It's one thing to re-tweet an offer, quite another to have coaches from another school into your home. Can't blame him though, it'd be tough to turn down an in-state offer from one of the top teams in the nation. Hopefully his relationships here are too deep to walk away from.

He supposedly had an in-home visit from Kirby Smart, so that is definitely not shutting it down. It's one thing to re-tweet an offer, quite another to have coaches from another school into your home. Can't blame him though, it'd be tough to turn down an in-state offer from one of the top teams in the nation. Hopefully his relationships here are too deep to walk away from.

I expect PJ is in front of this and in constant contact with RB. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if PJ jumps on a plane for an in home visit within the next few days. This is big!

Dont worry if he's gone it's because we cooled on him.

Unless I'm missing something, he hasn't tweeted his Georgia offer, just SC and Tennessee. Not sure if that's a good sign or bad.

As Rogers said, "R-E-L-A-X". With the U of M Batemen get's a head coach that played WR in the NFL, a coach that (based on his WMU days) wants to throw the ball a lot more than what we did last year, and a team that needs a WR. Batemen's coming into a situation with a coaching staff that can coach the WR position (success at WMU), in which he'll get playing time, and he'll most likely be the featured wide receiver.

We get guys that meet that criteria almost every year...

The good thing is that UGA's offense is VERY run oriented.

Top Bottom