WR Rashod Bateman commits

591 rushing attempts to 244 pass attempts? That's not run heavy? I didn't realize our stats are about the same though...
That's just this year. Passed more in the past, but like you said I didn't realize we passed as much as we did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Your response was actually about Dunlap. To say that nothing has been accomplished when we’re pulling a four and high three star with offers from everyone from SEC-Land in December is a false portrayal. The program has shifted its recruiting gears up two speeds and that’s evident. I understand your point that nothing is set in stone until NLI but the way you’re making it is distracting and inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad, I'm not exactly a wordsmith. Yes pulling guys with offer lists like Dunlap, Falalee, and Bateman from the heart of SEC country is indeed huge...if they sign (and I think odds are looking good due to PJF unique style) commitments are great but need these potential program changers to sign on the 20th!

Bateman isn't going anywhere. Ryan Burns said on his gophergridiron podcast or something that he's pretty committed to us. Even said on Bateman's snapchat that he had a picture of him and Smart and a caption saying, "Kirby Smart isn't so Smart". Things could change for sure, but as of now looks like we're safe.

How many more days until signing day?

Looks like we have Gopher staff in the Peach state today.

I know nothing about Batemen other than he's a 4 star recruit. But I cannot lie when I say it would be really really nice to have a WR with ball skills for once.

We've got a long line of hard-working, tough receivers in the recent past. But we really haven't had someone since Decker and I guess Max for a short period of time, that increased the catch area.

I watch/listen to Cian Fahey @cianaf or presnapreads.com and he talks about good receivers make it sooo much easier for a QB. The places the QB can throw the ball grow when a WR has ball skills. We've not had that, and we've had QBs that aren't extremely accurate. Double whammy.

Do we know if Batemen is more of a slot or an outside WR?

I remember watching Eric Decker.

He made our QB's look a lot better.

My two cents, having everyone at the same time to build relationships, bond etc. makes it a lot harder to de-commit. He knows these guys now, he just doesn’t talk to them on social media. They are connected, they’ve truly built relationships and that’s a big deal to these kids imo. I think the mass visit is genius. Not saying there will be no de-commits, but I think the mass visit makes a huge difference, and I hope no other schools catch on.

My two cents, having everyone at the same time to build relationships, bond etc. makes it a lot harder to de-commit. He knows these guys now, he just doesn’t talk to them on social media. They are connected, they’ve truly built relationships and that’s a big deal to these kids imo. I think the mass visit is genius. Not saying there will be no de-commits, but I think the mass visit makes a huge difference, and I hope no other schools catch on.

I agree with this fully. No such thing as a guarantee but I think this concept allows for bonding and recruiting at a different level where players are more involved. Football is a team sport and this concept just further the idea of team vs. you're just the 26th kid to commit here. Let them meet their teammates, build friendships, show mom and dad what we're all about and pretty soon everyone is recruiting in your favor.

Won't assure us of keeping everyone but I guarantee that either this year or future years it will save us from additional poached players.

Unless, of course, they could't stand each other last weekend. ;)

Unless, of course, they could't stand each other last weekend. ;)

Word from the inside (and outside) was it was a homerun. The parents also got to "bond". It was impressive from beginning to end. PJ and Heather hosted something truly elite.

Word from the inside (and outside) was it was a homerun. The parents also got to "bond". It was impressive from beginning to end. PJ and Heather hosted something truly elite.

Any change of mind now has to go through a parent as well.
The parents were taking group photos together. I'm sure facebook friends were made. It was a great idea.

Also, I think they had a hypnotist.
Nothing like hypnotizing the kids to accept offers at the U. - BRILLIANT!

Any change of mind now has to go through a parent as well.
The parents were taking group photos together. I'm sure facebook friends were made. It was a great idea.

Also, I think they had a hypnotist.
Nothing like hypnotizing the kids to accept offers at the U. - BRILLIANT!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bateman isn't going anywhere. Ryan Burns said on his gophergridiron podcast or something that he's pretty committed to us. Even said on Bateman's snapchat that he had a picture of him and Smart and a caption saying, "Kirby Smart isn't so Smart". Things could change for sure, but as of now looks like we're safe.

I think Bateman signs here, but him telling RB that when asked means close to nothing. If he wanted to go to UGA, but some things still needed to "line up" he would not burn the MN bridge. Again, I think he signs here.

The more folks say he won't switch the more likely it becomes he will. Don't jinx us!

SEVEN DAYS!

e5b86e92612cc39a22a944e8e36d8797

Cliff notes from Gopher Gridiron podcast....

Kirby Smart (Georgia) visited Bateman on Monday.

Bateman posted on his snapchat with a picture of Smart with text something like "Smart isn't so smart."

Georgia used up their only visit with Bateman prior to early signing day. Fleck will be meeting with him this week. So Gophers will have final visit of the two schools.

Bateman told Ryan Burns that Georgia offer does not interest him.

Bateman had his season awards banquet Tuesday night, and rocked maroon and gold.

Some kids just want to get away. Some form a great bond with coaches or other players. Based on the post above it’s looking good for us at this point.

It’s also easy to see why people might think he’d flip. Envision a scenario: a guy may be committed (and openly state that) to his job or his girlfriend but if that dream job opens up or the playboy model takes a keen interest in you, well, things can change rapidly. It’s just human nature.

I have a feeling some of the offers rolling down from the helmet schools (not only with Bateman) may be contingent on other things happening, or they may be asking the commit to wait until Jan or Feb to see if something opens up and it is very likely they are whispering that MN won’t pull his offer if he doesn’t sign in a week.

Overall, early signing is a huge boon for schools like MN. PJ needs to close the deal.

Yeah, I need you to be my date until that other prettier bimbo comes around and commits.

Who going to the GLC luncheon on the 20th. Should be entertaining.

Cliff notes from Gopher Gridiron podcast....

Kirby Smart (Georgia) visited Bateman on Monday.

Bateman posted on his snapchat with a picture of Smart with text something like "Smart isn't so smart."

Georgia used up their only visit with Bateman prior to early signing day. Fleck will be meeting with him this week. So Gophers will have final visit of the two schools.

Bateman told Ryan Burns that Georgia offer does not interest him.

Bateman had his season awards banquet Tuesday night, and rocked maroon and gold.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Some kids just want to get away. Some form a great bond with coaches or other players. Based on the post above it’s looking good for us at this point.

It’s also easy to see why people might think he’d flip. Envision a scenario: a guy may be committed (and openly state that) to his job or his girlfriend but if that dream job opens up or the playboy model takes a keen interest in you, well, things can change rapidly. It’s just human nature.

I have a feeling some of the offers rolling down from the helmet schools (not only with Bateman) may be contingent on other things happening, or they may be asking the commit to wait until Jan or Feb to see if something opens up and it is very likely they are whispering that MN won’t pull his offer if he doesn’t sign in a week.

Overall, early signing is a huge boon for schools like MN. PJ needs to close the deal.

This is where I hope we will benefit from the early signing date, and it will be interesting to see how Fleck will handle it with Bateman or anybody else who might wait on a conditional offer. I'm guessing Fleck would say, "We'd still love to have you and if this spot is still open when you're ready, it's yours. But we need to protect ourselves and look for someone else, so no guarantee that it will be here." In reality, would Fleck wait it out and hope the helmet school offer never comes or would he actually move on? Depends on the other options, of course.

It's an interesting game of chicken to see who is willing to miss out on who and where players end up if they take the risk.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom