WR Rashod Bateman commits

Georgia WR Rashod Bateman Commits to the Gophers

Tifton, GA wide receiver Rashod Bateman committed to the Gophers after impressing the staff at the satellite camp in Georgia. The 6'3", 175-pound wide receiver chose Minnesota over offers from Wake Forest, UAB, Southern Mississippi, Marshall, and others.

He joins Jornell Manns and Erik Gibson as 2018 commitments at wide receiver. The Gophers currently rank 19th nationally for their 2018 recruiting class, according to 24/7 Sports.

Bateman has extensive experience as a basketball player at Tift County High School and received a few power-five offers for the sport. On the gridiron, there isn't a large sample size of tape. However, in the small clips I've seen, he has excellent hip fluidity and open field speed. Bateman consistently wins with his starts and strong footwork off the snap. He only ran a few routes in the clips, but he was able to get open by cutting out of his breaks sharply. Many young wide receivers tend to round their routes off and I didn't see this with Bateman. He is a player that needs to get the ball in space because of his ability to create plays after the catch. Not to mention, he can get open off a double move to stretch the field vertically. He has a great head fake and doesn't sell his routes, which is another great attribute to have. Bateman also flashed an ability to adjust to balls well that were thrown erratically. It would be nice to see him add more bulk to his frame. The coaches evidently were impressed with his on-field workout, which is always the best way to evaluate a prospect. Despite the small sample size, it is easy to see there is potential with his skill-set.

Here's his tape: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5255936/582cbeb15b3cd81d5844cb38

He has already been offered by Penn State and Virginia Tech to play basketball. Along with Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Marshall, Samford, Tulane and a few others have offered in football.

His has options in sports and colleges, but he is set on one sport.

"I am going to play football in college and that is the sport I am going to sign a scholarship to play," said Bateman. "I've always loved football and that is not going to change."

Florida State was down at practice last week and the Seminoles are showing a lot of interest in Bateman as a football prospect. Virginia Tech is as well.

He is a long wide receiver who is fluid with strong hands. Schools are telling him that they like his explosiveness and his ability to run crisp routes.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rashod-bateman-s-a-new-name-in-georgia-to-know

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He has been rated 3* 0.8577 by 247 Sports just now. He is also a 3* 5.6 on Rivals.

Now that is another Georgia Gopher Country recruit - one that can catch ball.

Congratulations Rashod! Sky's the limit.

Any relation to Jason Bateman?

Sent from my Commodore 64.

per Greder:

The Gophers football program received an oral commitment Monday from Rashod Bateman, a 6-foot-3, 175-pound athlete from Tifton, Ga.

“Well this day came a little early !” Bateman tweeted. “Blessed to announce I’m committed to the University of Minnesota!! #RTB #SkiUMah”

Bateman, who projects as a wide receiver, had offers from Wake Forest, Alabama-Birmingham, Southern Mississippi and South Alabama, among others. He is the 16th member of the Gophers 2018 class.

Bateman also had offers from Penn State and Virginia Tech, according to rivals.com, but told the recruiting site that playing football in college was his goal.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/12/gophers-receive-commitment-from-georgia-athlete/

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

The Gophers added a wide receiver from Georgia to their 2018 recruiting class Monday, when Rashod Bateman announced his commitment to Minnesota.

The 6-3, 175-pound Bateman, from Tift County (Ga.) High School, actually had reported offers to play basketball at Penn State and Virginia Tech.

In football, he had offers from Wake Forest, Southern Mississippi and Marshall, among others. He gives the Gophers 16 commitments.

http://www.startribune.com/georgia-wr-rashod-bateman-commits-to-gophers/428057843/

Go Gophers!!

We are rocking that 8-hour radius. Welcome aboard Rashod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me, I was distracted that his hudl looks sped up to 1.25-1.5x speed. Maybe it's a frame rate issue.

Good camp, good ratings, looks like a good get. That's 3 WRs this class. Definitely have to trust Fleck and Ciarrocca when it comes to receivers.

Direct flights

We are rocking that 8-hour radius. Welcome aboard Rashod!

Direct flights to Atlanta, it's closer than Perham,MN or Marshall, MN. :rolleyes:

Nice get and love to see the recruiting successes- but when will we see a recruit that confirms what many feel, that recruiting is indeed significantly better than under prior regimes?

Go Gophers!!

Nice get and love to see the recruiting successes- but when will we see a recruit that confirms what many feel, that recruiting is indeed significantly better than under prior regimes?

If a recruit in the 900s stood in one corner and another recruit in the 1000s stood in the other corner - using whichever one my dog ran to first as an indicator of future success would be just as accurate as using their rankings.

If a recruit in the 900s stood in one corner and another recruit in the 1000s stood in the other corner - using whichever one my dog ran to first as an indicator of future success would be just as accurate as using their rankings.

Sounds like you should create your own recruiting website

Top Bottom