NEB receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. ticketed for pot possession

I'm sure times have changed since the Phillips days.

According to NORML, pretty much nothing. As it should be. Not even a misdemeanor, no chance of jail, and a max $300 fine. The fine can be pretty rough for a broke college student, but I would imagine Little Key can pull it together.

Wondering more what the school might do. Pretty sure it's a student code of conduct violation.

Nebraska also had a WR recruit for 2018, Cameron Brown, decommit last week. 4 star kid from Christian Brothers in St Louis who Gophs also liked. Decommitted from Huskers day after camping with Buckeyes and getting an offer from OSU.

If it's a big deal in the NFL you would think it's a bigger deal in NCAA it's a bunch of minors enrolled in these academic institutions w all sorts of rules and expectations I'm sure having drugs if any kind perhaps even alcohol is somewhat a disciplinary violation of some kind. Maybe get suspended half a game n move on. And be thankful it's NOT the NFL where first time it's 4 games and keep doing it n you'll end up like Josh Gordon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if he tried to show the police his prescription from a kush doctor. West Coast attitude on marijuana have not made their way to Nebraska. The daughter of a friend of my sister's got pulled over in Nebraska on the way back to Minnesota from Colorado. She had a small amount of edibles in her car and she was charged with a felony.

Nebraska will be in the market for a new HC this year.

I give the elder Johnson a lot of credit for this quote:

Johnson Sr. said he’s in “full support” of Riley, receivers coach Keith Williams and the rest of NU’s staff. He wants to see more maturity from his son.

“One thing you will not do as my son is you will not embarrass Nebraska, you will not embarrass Mike Riley and you will not embarrass this family,” the elder Johnson said. “If you mature and you’re ready to resume your football career and academic goals, then Nebraska will be ready to embrace you.”

Go Gophers!!

Johnson Sr. said he’s in “full support” of Riley, receivers coach Keith Williams and the rest of NU’s staff. He wants to see more maturity from his son.

“One thing you will not do as my son is you will not embarrass Nebraska, you will not embarrass Mike Riley and you will not embarrass this family,” the elder Johnson said. “If you mature and you’re ready to resume your football career and academic goals, then Nebraska will be ready to embrace you.”

Go Gophers!!

Wow...this is spot on. Good for the father taking hold of the situation and not blaming others.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, he went out of his way several times in the article to hammer it home. Good for him. Sounds like you can be sure that if the kid does get back to NEB, he will have a completely different focus. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when KJ Sr had that talk with KJ Jr...

We'll see how well an outspoken Sr. works here. Works in some cases, less so others....

I wonder if he tried to show the police his prescription from a kush doctor. West Coast attitude on marijuana have not made their way to Nebraska. The daughter of a friend of my sister's got pulled over in Nebraska on the way back to Minnesota from Colorado. She had a small amount of edibles in her car and she was charged with a felony.

Seriously a felony?
It's so weird how people's attitudes on marijuana differ greatly by what part of the country they live in.

Wondering more what the school might do. Pretty sure it's a student code of conduct violation.

Don't know at Nebraska but at some schools, it results in a period of behavioral probation for about a semester which can hinder students from studying abroad, getting on campus jobs and internships as well as possible ineligibility to play varsity sports. Further violations while on probation can result in suspension or expulsion. They may be required to take a class and or pay a fee as well.

Nothing terribly serious unless it's something like a Coach Kimani Young type quantity of weed (96 pounds). That'll typically get you the boot.

Seriously a felony?
It's so weird how people's attitudes on marijuana differ greatly by what part of the country they live in.

I work for a marijuana dispensary/grow facility in Denver and it's honestly one of the most interesting social experiments to be involved with. For a good portion of the people in this country, walking into a store like ours might as well be like going to Amsterdam for them. Their faces and their happiness at the freedom we enjoy in CO are priceless. And then you have some that are nervous and think they will get in trouble with the feds just for walking in.

It is definitely a very interesting time to be alive in this country.

I work for a marijuana dispensary/grow facility in Denver and it's honestly one of the most interesting social experiments to be involved with. For a good portion of the people in this country, walking into a store like ours might as well be like going to Amsterdam for them. Their faces and their happiness at the freedom we enjoy in CO are priceless. And then you have some that are nervous and think they will get in trouble with the feds just for walking in.

It is definitely a very interesting time to be alive in this country.

Having lived in Seattle the first couple years of legal pot I really got tired of the stench fast. Also, not a big fan of all the nitwits who showed up to party and crap in our parks and my backyard. That said I am a firm believer in legal drugs because I would rather have people smoking marijuana legally than smoking crack or whatever worse here is.

Having lived in Seattle the first couple years of legal pot I really got tired of the stench fast. Also, not a big fan of all the nitwits who showed up to party and crap in our parks and my backyard. That said I am a firm believer in legal drugs because I would rather have people smoking marijuana legally than smoking crack or whatever worse here is.

I here what you are saying about Colorado, Wa, and Or attracting a few folks that make it their lifestyle, but as the previous poster mentioned it is nice to have it treated in a similar way to alcohol. I would think that Alcohol hurts a higher percentage of its users compared to marijuana. Plus the taking the violence and money away from the cartels is a good thing.

Top Bottom