Status of Oyenmwen Uzebu's decommitment

hungan1

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly what the status of Oyenmwen Uzebu is?

I know he decommitted earlier, but the 247 Sports Crystal Ball still lists him as 100% to Minnesota. Does that mean he is leaving the door open if he does not get an offer closer to home to his liking?

It certainly will be mutually beneficial for him and the Gophers if he sticks to his original commitment.

I can understand his family prefers him to be closer to home. IMHO, he will thrive here plus there are plenty of Georgians on the team to keep him company.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/InstitutionPredictions

My guess (no inside knowledge here) is that when a recruit decommits, then the offer is pulled and the bridge is burned. Once you commit, then there's no more visits to other schools. Once you decommit or take another visit then the offer is pulled for good. That's how it's been with the few Div 1 coaches that I've known, but I don't know Fleck at all.

He's camping with all of the Georgia commits at the camp in Georgia tonight.

I think it's because of his mom but I believe he and his mom are going to visit Minnesota, his mom didn't come on the first visit so I think there's a good chance he commits again at that point.

I think it's because of his mom but I believe he and his mom are going to visit Minnesota, his mom didn't come on the first visit so I think there's a good chance he commits again at that point.

He will thrive here! Georgia is Gopher Country.

Ditto that, speaking as a one-time Georgian. The state is rich in talent - a great pipeline.

My guess (no inside knowledge here) is that when a recruit decommits, then the offer is pulled and the bridge is burned. Once you commit, then there's no more visits to other schools. Once you decommit or take another visit then the offer is pulled for good. That's how it's been with the few Div 1 coaches that I've known, but I don't know Fleck at all.

I would think that overall this would be Fleck's stance. There has to be exceptions. From what I can recall this is one of those exceptions. Uzebu pulled the trigger too fast and had buyer's remorse. From what I can recall, he was open with the coaches about it and did not try to sneak in visits behind their backs. I think he winds up a Gopher if he does not wait too long.

I would think that overall this would be Fleck's stance. There has to be exceptions. From what I can recall this is one of those exceptions. Uzebu pulled the trigger too fast and had buyer's remorse. From what I can recall, he was open with the coaches about it and did not try to sneak in visits behind their backs. I think he winds up a Gopher if he does not wait too long.

2017 CB Trey Creamer (Cartersville, Ga) comes to mind.

Yeah... what a d bag creamer was, what's his face that ended up at Iowa too. Anyway, Honestly I have absolutely no problem w a kid having buyers remorse after committing too quickly and being honest about it. BUT in Uzbezu's case then don't go to twitter and say "circumstances out of your control" caused u to decommit. (Wait... this IS the kid that tweeted that right?)

Ditto that, speaking as a one-time Georgian. The state is rich in talent - a great pipeline.

As a current Georgia resident I will back that comment up. The Gophers should setup shop in this state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... what a d bag creamer was, what's his face that ended up at Iowa too. Anyway, Honestly I have absolutely no problem w a kid having buyers remorse after committing too quickly and being honest about it. BUT in Uzbezu's case then don't go to twitter and say "circumstances out of your control" caused u to decommit. (Wait... this IS the kid that tweeted that right?)

Ihmir Smith-Marsette is the other weasel.

Ihmir Smith-Marsette: http://247sports.com/player/ihmir-smith-marsette-45572798
Trey Creamer: http://247sports.com/player/trey-creamer-89557

Very different situation, They did not recruit Creamer and he lied to them about visiting Iowa. You can't change the culture and then take guys who have told you bald-faced lies.

Very different situation, They did not recruit Creamer and he lied to them about visiting Iowa. You can't change the culture and then take guys who have told you bald-faced lies.

What about coaches that lie about not leaving? http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/01/02/fleck-insists-leaving-broncos/96093804/

Ok, maybe just a little white lie, or a lie of omission rather than commission. Coaches lie all the time to avoid uncomfortable questions. Personally I have no problem with recruits visiting other schools as they ought to feel comfortable with their decision. I'm not a fan of the car salesmen " this deal is only good for today" high pressure tactics.

What about coaches that lie about not leaving? http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2017/01/02/fleck-insists-leaving-broncos/96093804/

Ok, maybe just a little white lie, or a lie of omission rather than commission. Coaches lie all the time to avoid uncomfortable questions. Personally I have no problem with recruits visiting other schools as they ought to feel comfortable with their decision. I'm not a fan of the car salesmen " this deal is only good for today" high pressure tactics.

He lied to a coach after he flew to visit him and said he's 100% committed and wouldn't visit anywhere else. He also lied to the coaches while he was actually at Iowa. No problem with that?

Top Bottom