95 in 1st Place for Season Predictions

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
This references the season game-by-game predictions for the Gopher's football season -- see this thread for the original predictions.

Only two GopherHolers picked Syracuse to win ... so there's a 95-way tie for 1st place -- each has one point for the first win:
16FeetUnder, AeroGopher, AllTimesTwinsFan, AlphaGopher, AtTheBar, awag777, BadgerGopher, BayfieldGopher, Berget, Big Play, Big10Champs1899, CaliGopher, Casual Observer, cclaufer, Chiebert, Cmich Gopher, ConferenceChamp, CurseisLifted33, DarrenTheGreek, dcboe, Dengue Gopher, dpodoll68, DrinoneMays9, ERob12, esahnow, FrozenGopher, Ganharva, Go 31, GoAUpher, GoGophersRah, GoldenDrummer, GoldenGo4Fan, GoldenGun, GoldenTimeOfDay, GoldyPushups, Goldy's Gal, Gopher Lady, Gopher07, Gopher71Runner, Gopher71Runner, GopherHoleFan, GopherInPhilly, GopherNut, Gophers09, GrunkieJr, HLGopher, Hubbabubba, Husker70, Hyaluronic, icepirate 13, J.C., Jeshurun, Jike Spingleton, Jthiegs, Krogstad, LloydChristmas, MadisonRaised, MarathonMan, MBA Guy, McGophers, Mick Turition, MN Gopher Fan, MNCH, NCGo4, NDSU Bison, NEGopher, Noonan, NSMike, Ole, PewterSchmidt, PharmacyGopher, Play Hosea, re3886, Rick Mons, RiverGopher, Row9Gopher, Runningopher, Schnauzer, Schnoodler, Section 100, Sir Callihan, SkiUMah Gopher, SkoalVikings, SquidWeber, The Big L, ThreeFineSweetHams, TikiTed, Vacterl, Weisbrod, Winepegopher, WolfOnThe Prowl, Xman, YoungstownGopher, Zales04 and ZeppelinGopher​
And there's a two-way tie for 96th place (no points as they picked Syracuse to win):
Section 105 & UptownMaroon&Gold​

If your name is missing from the above list OR if this is in error, please send me a PM and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Finally, AeroGopher had suggested that we give bonus points to those who have unbroken "strings" of wins. I think I've figured out a way to administer that without going crazy (well, crazier) so:

If you have a string of two predictions that are correct, you'll get a bonus of 2 points (plus the one point for each correct prediction);

A string of three correct predictions, the bonus will be 3 points

A string of four correct predictions, the bonus will be 4 points

And so on.​

Thus, if you predict the first two games correctly but not the third, you'll have 4 points. (1 point for each correct prediction plus two bonus points)

If you predict the first three games correctly, you'll have 8 points. (1 point for each correct prediction plus two bonus points for the unbroken string of two in week two and three bonus points for the unbroken string in week three)

Once the string of correct predictions is broken because you predicted the wrong team to win, you won't earn bonus points until you have another unbroken string of two or more games.

Hope this process is clear and that I can borrow the Cray computer if my PC gets overwhelmed. BTW, if you don't like this method, send a PM to AeroGopher. :clap:

CheeseheadGophFan

You didn't enter a season prediction -- see this thread for the predictions and posts from those who entered.

I don't show you as having entered the "Predict the Score" competition either ... if you did, you may have used the wrong format so it didn't get included. (And if you had, you should have gotten either a PM or an e-mail from me that you needed to resubmit a prediction.)

But there's still time to predict the score for next Saturday's game vs Air Force ... just click here

I'm on page 4 of the Predict the Score thread...but I see I didn't put everything on one line. My bad.

dammit, I am inconsistant, I picked the gophs 21-19 ( pretty close) in the game picks, but in the season I picked the cuse...oh well

Top Bottom