Rousemiller, Aune

swingman

Reaction score
Rousemiller State Champ in AA shot put...60'10.75. He had gone 61'6" earlier this year. Walk-on offensive lineman from Lakeville South added to official roster yesterday.

Recent 2018 verbal Josh Aune from Highland Park was 7th in State triple jump. Top junior. 43'9"

Those of us that know him call him Aune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's talking about two different recruits.

Rousemiller State Champ in AA shot put...60'10.75. He had gone 61'6" earlier this year. Walk-on offensive lineman from Lakeville South added to official roster yesterday.

Recent 2018 verbal Josh Aune from Highland Park was 7th in State triple jump. Top junior. 43'9"
You need to have truly explosive power to put an 8 pound shot 61 ft. That's a toss!

So he used a girl's shot? How can that be legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about shot and discus is that they each require timing, balance, footwork and explosion on release - all traits that transfer directly to line play.

I love to see linemen who are track athletes. Same thing with backs and receivers who run sprints or do field events like long jump or triple jump. I also like to see kids who can run the hurdles - an event that requires speed, timing and footwork.

12lb for boys, 8lb for girls. Heck of a put either way.

I tried to throw one a few years ago. Sure you can carry around the shot but holy once you try to throw the thing more than a few feet.... god damn that's hard.

Top Bottom