BTN: Ranking Week 6 Games (5. MN at Pur; Best Chance for Upset: Pur over MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Best chance for an upset: It wouldn’t be a shock to see Purdue knock off visiting Minnesota. Jeff Brohm’s hire has gotten lost amid the bluster and hype of P.J. Fleck’s arrival in the Twin Cities. But don’t underestimate the workmanlike Brohm, an offensive mastermind whose resume glistens every bit as much as Fleck’s. Plus, on this day, the Boilermakers figure to have a decided edge at quarterback with David Blough, while Minnesota’s situation under center is a bit murky.

RANKING WEEK 6 GAMES
1. Wisconsin at Nebraska
2. Penn State at Northwestern
3. Michigan State at Michigan
4. Maryland at Ohio State
5. Minnesota at Purdue
6. Illinois at Iowa

http://btn.com/2017/06/02/best-of-week-6-welcome-to-jim-harbaugh-mark-dantonio-week/

Go Gophers!!

We're not yet a team that can overlook... anyone. So sure.

+1 Not many BigTen teams can overlook other BigTen teams.

So far, it appears (at least according to BTN), that the Gophers are everyone's best bet for an upset.

Out of the 'should win' games, the Purdue game actually does worry me a bit. David Blough threw for nearly 400 yds and 4 TDs against our full slate of DBs at home last year. Now he has a great offensive coach to work with in Brohm, and we lost 3 of those 4 starting DBs. The good news is they lose their top 2 WRs from that game, and their defense will likely still be awful. Run the ball and we should be fine.

Out of the 'should win' games, the Purdue game actually does worry me a bit. David Blough threw for nearly 400 yds and 4 TDs against our full slate of DBs at home last year. Now he has a great offensive coach to work with in Brohm, and we lost 3 of those 4 starting DBs. The good news is they lose their top 2 WRs from that game, and their defense will likely still be awful. Run the ball and we should be fine.

Would be nice if our QB doesn't give them 7-points while running the first half clock down again as well [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a bad analysis. Whomever is the underdog of Wisconsin at Neb, likely Neb has the best chance at an upset as they are far more evenly matched than MN and Purdue.

If Dienhart is writing all these he seems to really love Purdue and Brohm. Fair enough but they were still a really bad team last year and I've heard it takes time to build a program... bad D, can't run the ball. Not a recipe for success any time soon.

This is a bad analysis. Whomever is the underdog of Wisconsin at Neb, likely Neb has the best chance at an upset as they are far more evenly matched than MN and Purdue.

If Dienhart is writing all these he seems to really love Purdue and Brohm. Fair enough but they were still a really bad team last year and I've heard it takes time to build a program... bad D, can't run the ball. Not a recipe for success any time soon.

I guess technically Wis vs Neb will have an underdog and could upset the other but really I wouldn't think of that as much as an upset....

Then he should write chance at biggest upset as a qualifier. Change your best, Dienhart. You're still terrible after all these years.

Along a related line, anyone else notice that the BTN this week has been showing a ton of other team's "classic" football games that feature the Goph's tough losses. I'm used to seeing the Illinois loss, but have seen both PSU and Becky in last two days. I'll take it as a sign of growing respect for the program...(lemonade)

Believe Dienhart went to Purdue

Blough threw four picks, had two fumbles and got sacked six times vs Minnesota.

Yancey, the fast WR, was drafted by GB and the other good WR, Posey, was in an NFL camp. One of best young WRs on roster just flunked out and is heading to AzWestern Outlaws.

Two oline guys were in NFL camps (Roos and King) and a def end, Panfil.

Blough and Brohm have work cut out for them.

Blough threw four picks, had two fumbles and got sacked six times vs Minnesota.

Yancey, the fast WR, was drafted by GB and the other good WR, Posey, was in an NFL camp. One of best young WRs on roster just flunked out and is heading to AzWestern Outlaws.

Two oline guys were in NFL camps (Roos and King) and a def end, Panfil.

Blough and Brohm have work cut out for them.

What? Blough had 4 TDs, 1 pick and 1 fumble lost.

Then he should write chance at biggest upset as a qualifier. Change your best, Dienhart. You're still terrible after all these years.

I think most of the time "upset" is used only when there is a fair amount of distance between the two teams.

I think most of the time "upset" is used only when there is a fair amount of distance between the two teams.

I would argue there there are minor upsets, major upsets, historic upsets, and everything in between. There are games that Vegas, analytics, or fans will label a push.

Is +3 an underdog, or +7, +20? Where is the dividing line. I'm simply pointing out that a) Purdue beating MN this year is laughable, and b) there are other games that will more likely end with an "upset".

Is Purdue most likely to pull an upset vs MN? Let's ask Tracy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0SF-oQmqaj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ely's 9 man football team would score on Purdue. They'll score on us, but I bet we put 40 plus on them.

Top Bottom