Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-...122423972.html

Even hiring outside counsel is a challenge. It probably explains why Kasowitz is apparently hiding in a closet with his phone turned to mute.

Top lawyers with at least four major law firms rebuffed White House overtures to represent President Trump in the Russia investigations, in part over concerns that the president would be unwilling to listen to their advice, according to five sources familiar with discussions about the matter.

The unwillingness of some of the country’s most prestigious attorneys and their law firms to represent Trump has complicated the administration’s efforts to mount a coherent defense strategy to deal with probes being conducted by four congressional committees as well as Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

The president’s chief lawyer now in charge of the case is Marc E. Kasowitz, a tough New York civil litigator who for years has aggressively represented Trump in multiple business and public relations disputes — often with threats of countersuits and menacing public statements — but who has little experience dealing with complex congressional and Justice Department investigations that are inevitably influenced by media coverage and public opinion.

If only Johnny Cochran was still with us.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Final one for a while; this really is shooting fish in a very small barrel. Hiring a competent Attorney General seems beyond Trumps ability.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...sions-problems

The president’s self-defeating, one-sided feud with his own Justice Department apparently goes to the very top. According to The New York Times’s Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman, Trump’s Twitter tantrum was merely the public expression of Trump’s long-simmering frustrations with Attorney General Jeff Sessions—one of Trump’s earliest supporters and, it seems, one of his greatest disappointments. Just weeks after taking over the D.O.J., Sessions was forced to recuse himself from the federal investigation into the Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia after it emerged that he had undisclosed contacts with U.S. Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Trump was furious, and reportedly criticized his staff for not defending Sessions more. But as time passed, Trump’s anger apparently shifted to Sessions himself. People close to Trump told the Times that the president blamed Sessions’s recusal for leading his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, to appoint a special counsel to oversee the Russia inquiry. (Never mind the fact that Trump himself created the need for a special counsel by firing the director of the F.B.I., James Comey, allegedly for failing to drop his investigation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post
    The more the left flips out the better job he does imo...
    Cause and effect...or voodoo
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Actually, Trump has been remarkably effective at purging the Obama legacy of failure, while you leftists have been freaking out daily. Keep it up- this is a sure way to know that he is being successful!

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Actually, Trump has been remarkably effective at purging the Obama legacy of failure, while you leftists have been freaking out daily. Keep it up- this is a sure way to know that he is being successful!
    Mmmm-Kay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Charlie Sykes has an excellent piece about your mind-set. The GOP is now just anti-anti-Trumpism. You know he's basically incompetent and not doing anything he said he would do, but as long as it upsets "Leftists" and the media you'll wave your pom poms high in glee. You no longer care about principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post
    The more the left flips out the better job he does imo...
    It's good to hear a Trumpist actually admit what many people have been saying: The raison d'etre of your average Conservative these days is just to anger liberals. Quite a governing philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Charlie Sykes has an excellent piece about your mind-set. The GOP is now just anti-anti-Trumpism. You know he's basically incompetent and not doing anything he said he would do, but as long as it upsets "Leftists" and the media you'll wave your pom poms high in glee. You no longer care about principles.
    do you care about principles?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing
    Precisely. For decades we've heard the status quo/two party supporters warn that if an outsider were elected, the partisan Congress would ensure they couldn't get anything done. People making that argument almost always do so trying to sway independents to vote for their partisan candidate. This is what they were talking about with Trump. The solution is not to only vote for status quo establishment candidates, the solution is to rid Washington of establishment hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Let me assume that this was a rhetorical question.....

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    He has done more of what he promised than any politician in years. There have been lists posted on here to that effect and you have seen them. You appear unable to absorb information and process it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing
    While the deep state crap is....crap. I will acknowledge the road blocks. Great job I would like many more; it work well for the GOP against Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    While the deep state crap is....crap. I will acknowledge the road blocks. Great job I would like many more; it work well for the GOP against Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deep state exists - 100%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Yes. But I care about results and effects too. You don't. I know you think any that don't agree with your interpretation are invalid. I don't care.

I know you do to. I don't understand why passionately defending a POTUS who has none is one of them though.