Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 556
  1. #541

    Default

    Think of it like swapping jerseys on the soccer pitch.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~


  2. #542
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,189
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Good Lord, you say some things sometimes that really make you wonder if you're for real. Are you honestly painting the world with these broad brushes that almost every Hispanic or every African American or any other minority votes almost 100% Democrat? Where in the f'k do you get your information? "Hispanics hate the GOP!!" "Blacks vote Democrat across the board!!"

    You might be the most racist person on the board, but you're in the running with many others, to be sure.
    None of that is what I said. BB was arguing that the Trump Administration didn't have a political motivation for putting the citizenship question on the ballot because the largest populations of Latino voters are in red states. That does not logically mean there's no GOP advantage to under-counting that population. I said nothing about "All this" or Across the board" that. Calm down.

  3. #543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    None of that is what I said. BB was arguing that the Trump Administration didn't have a political motivation for putting the citizenship question on the ballot because the largest populations of Latino voters are in red states. That does not logically mean there's no GOP advantage to under-counting that population. I said nothing about "All this" or Across the board" that. Calm down.
    99% of your problems with Trump boil down to YOUR interpretation of his personal "motivation". It seems exhausting.

  4. #544

  5. #545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Did he specifically mention the payroll tax cut in his quotes? Because otherwise, this is a really lame gotcha as you've captured it.

  6. #546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Did he specifically mention the payroll tax cut in his quotes? Because otherwise, this is a really lame gotcha as you've captured it.
    Who do you mean? Trump or Gidley? And by the bolding, are you suggesting that one of them was really talking about RAISING payroll taxes?

    Anyway, here's Gidley: https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-...consideration/
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ho.../20/id/929262/

    Trump: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ayroll-tax-cut
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-cut-recession
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ax-cut-economy

  7. #547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    So the gotcha is that the admin is not considering a payroll tax cut, but Trump thinks about the payroll tax a lot. Boom. Roasted. Continue to drown out the actual problems with Trump with nonsense noise like this. Great strategy.

  8. #548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    So the gotcha is that the admin is not considering a payroll tax cut, but Trump thinks about the payroll tax a lot. Boom. Roasted. Continue to drown out the actual problems with Trump with nonsense noise like this. Great strategy.
    The real problems are that Trump doesn't think before he speaks, is a serial liar and does one dumbass thing after the next.

  9. #549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    The real problems are that Trump doesn't think before he speaks, is a serial liar and does one dumbass thing after the next.
    And even worse, when Trump says stuff out of the blue he then demands his people go work on it. The trans ban in the military being Exhibit A.

  10. #550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    So the gotcha is that the admin is not considering a payroll tax cut, but Trump thinks about the payroll tax a lot. Boom. Roasted. Continue to drown out the actual problems with Trump with nonsense noise like this. Great strategy.
    I would imagine most people think about the payroll tax a lot. Never mind the idea of raising the payroll tax or cutting the payroll tax; just the thought of the payroll tax is what is really exciting. In fact, if I think about the payroll tax long enough, I usually end up rubbing one out, and I’m sure you and the president do too. Actually, just writing this post is quite stimulating; so if you’ll excuse me...
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,189
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    And even worse, when Trump says stuff out of the blue he then demands his people go work on it. The trans ban in the military being Exhibit A.
    Yep. 2 doesn't care. He's waiting to see. Trump is going to shut up and be Presidential any day now.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,189
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I would imagine most people think about the payroll tax a lot. Never mind the idea of raising the payroll tax or cutting the payroll tax; just the thought of the payroll tax is what is really exciting. In fact, if I think about the payroll tax long enough, I usually end up rubbing one out, and I’m sure you and the president do too. Actually, just writing this post is quite stimulating; so if you’ll excuse me...
    Time to calm down and picture AOC and "the Squad." KGF does it for hours per day. it works.

  13. #553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    The real problems are that Trump doesn't think before he speaks, is a serial liar and does one dumbass thing after the next.
    Thinking about the payroll tax isn't an example of any of those.

  14. #554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yep. 2 doesn't care. He's waiting to see. Trump is going to shut up and be Presidential any day now.
    No, I don't care about Trump thinking about the payroll tax. Are you upset he's thinking about it or you upset he said he's thinking about it? This is like people who complain that athletes give canned answers to every question, and then also freak out when they say their true feelings. Outrage culture is not good. You guys are trying hard to get outraged over this non story.

  15. #555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Thinking about the payroll tax isn't an example of any of those.
    The payroll tax should not be taught in the public schools.
    Last edited by GoodasGold; 08-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •