Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Think of it like swapping jerseys on the soccer pitch.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Good Lord, you say some things sometimes that really make you wonder if you're for real. Are you honestly painting the world with these broad brushes that almost every Hispanic or every African American or any other minority votes almost 100% Democrat? Where in the f'k do you get your information? "Hispanics hate the GOP!!" "Blacks vote Democrat across the board!!"

You might be the most racist person on the board, but you're in the running with many others, to be sure.
    None of that is what I said. BB was arguing that the Trump Administration didn't have a political motivation for putting the citizenship question on the ballot because the largest populations of Latino voters are in red states. That does not logically mean there's no GOP advantage to under-counting that population. I said nothing about "All this" or Across the board" that. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    None of that is what I said. BB was arguing that the Trump Administration didn't have a political motivation for putting the citizenship question on the ballot because the largest populations of Latino voters are in red states. That does not logically mean there's no GOP advantage to under-counting that population. I said nothing about "All this" or Across the board" that. Calm down.
    99% of your problems with Trump boil down to YOUR interpretation of his personal "motivation". It seems exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Did he specifically mention the payroll tax cut in his quotes? Because otherwise, this is a really lame gotcha as you've captured it.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Did he specifically mention the payroll tax cut in his quotes? Because otherwise, this is a really lame gotcha as you've captured it.
    Who do you mean? Trump or Gidley? And by the bolding, are you suggesting that one of them was really talking about RAISING payroll taxes?

Anyway, here's Gidley: https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-...consideration/
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ho.../20/id/929262/

Trump: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ayroll-tax-cut
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-cut-recession
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ax-cut-economy

So the gotcha is that the admin is not considering a payroll tax cut, but Trump thinks about the payroll tax a lot. Boom. Roasted. Continue to drown out the actual problems with Trump with nonsense noise like this. Great strategy.

So the gotcha is that the admin is not considering a payroll tax cut, but Trump thinks about the payroll tax a lot. Boom. Roasted. Continue to drown out the actual problems with Trump with nonsense noise like this. Great strategy.
    The real problems are that Trump doesn't think before he speaks, is a serial liar and does one dumbass thing after the next.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    The real problems are that Trump doesn't think before he speaks, is a serial liar and does one dumbass thing after the next.
    And even worse, when Trump says stuff out of the blue he then demands his people go work on it. The trans ban in the military being Exhibit A.

I would imagine most people think about the payroll tax a lot. Never mind the idea of raising the payroll tax or cutting the payroll tax; just the thought of the payroll tax is what is really exciting. In fact, if I think about the payroll tax long enough, I usually end up rubbing one out, and I’m sure you and the president do too. Actually, just writing this post is quite stimulating; so if you’ll excuse me...

Blog Entries

And even worse, when Trump says stuff out of the blue he then demands his people go work on it. The trans ban in the military being Exhibit A.
    Yep. 2 doesn't care. He's waiting to see. Trump is going to shut up and be Presidential any day now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I would imagine most people think about the payroll tax a lot. Never mind the idea of raising the payroll tax or cutting the payroll tax; just the thought of the payroll tax is what is really exciting. In fact, if I think about the payroll tax long enough, I usually end up rubbing one out, and I’m sure you and the president do too. Actually, just writing this post is quite stimulating; so if you’ll excuse me...
    Time to calm down and picture AOC and "the Squad." KGF does it for hours per day. it works.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Thinking about the payroll tax isn't an example of any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yep. 2 doesn't care. He's waiting to see. Trump is going to shut up and be Presidential any day now.
    No, I don't care about Trump thinking about the payroll tax. Are you upset he's thinking about it or you upset he said he's thinking about it? This is like people who complain that athletes give canned answers to every question, and then also freak out when they say their true feelings. Outrage culture is not good. You guys are trying hard to get outraged over this non story.

Thinking about the payroll tax isn't an example of any of those.
    The payroll tax should not be taught in the public schools.
    Last edited by GoodasGold; 08-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.