Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 556
  1. #1

    Default All Things "The Trump Admin is Objectively Ineffective"

    We have good running threads on Trump's conflicts of interest, the Comey firing, etc. We need one in which we can post all the examples of how he's just not very good at running a government.

    I posted in another thread the article about how long it takes him to get nominees sent to the Senate: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politi...ion/index.html

    Now this:

    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...g-in-two-weeks

    From overhauling the tax code to releasing an infrastructure package to making decisions on Nafta and the Paris climate agreement, Trump has a common refrain: A big announcement is coming in just “two weeks.” It rarely does.
    “We’re going to be announcing something I would say over the next two or three weeks that will be phenomenal in terms of tax and developing our aviation infrastructure,” Trump said while meeting with airline executives.

    Eleven weeks elapsed before the White House released a one-page outline of the tax plan.

    In an April 29 interview on “CBS This Morning” Trump said of his promised $1 trillion infrastructure construction program: “We’ve got the plan largely completed and we’ll be filing over the next two or three weeks -- maybe sooner,” Trump said.

    No legislation has been filed. The White House has yet to outline the plan, beyond broad principles described in Trump’s proposed budget.
    It’s been 15 weeks since Trump promised an aviation infrastructure proposal in two weeks. Trump sent a set of ”principles” for overhauling the U.S. air-traffic control system to Congress on Monday.
    “And I’ll be making a big decision on the Paris accord over the next two weeks,” Trump said in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

    A month later, Trump was still weighing his decision. Top advisers said his thoughts continued to evolve. Trump announced his decision to pull the U.S. out of the agreement on June 1.
    On June 1, Trump said tax legislation was “moving along in Congress,” although no such bill has been filed. When journalists have asked Trump about specific policy positions or the progress he’s made fulfilling his campaign promises, Trump has repeatedly retreated to his “two weeks” line.

    “We’re going to make an announcement in two weeks,” Trump said in an April 5 interview with the New York Times, when asked his position on the Davis-Bacon law regulating wages on federally funded infrastructure projects. “It’s going to be good.’’

    The Trump administration has made no announcement on the Davis-Bacon law.


  2. #2

    Default

    I imagine he received quite a number of (I)ncompletes in school.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  3. #3

    Default

    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing
    Link
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  5. #5

    Default

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...perwork-239124

    How Trump is stalling his own nominees: The White House has taken weeks to formally submit nominations to the Senate, even after announcing the picks.

    “Do I know why it’s taken so long for any of them?” responded Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), when asked about Brouillette’s delay.

    “I don’t know what happens,” the chairwoman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee added. “They go into some dark hole. And eventually they come out. But still.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing
    Has the so-called Deep State prevented him from even submitting nominees for ambassador to 165 nations? He's submitted only 9. That's extraordinarily - almost impossibly - inactive and ineffectual. Throughout the campaign, he went on and on, promising to snap his fingers and do things instantly that it would take others years to do. It reminds me of that Garfield comic where Jon declares that he's going to go out and conquer the world. In the third panel he's walking back past Garfield with his head down saying, "I couldn't get the door open."

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...perwork-239124

    How Trump is stalling his own nominees: The White House has taken weeks to formally submit nominations to the Senate, even after announcing the picks.

    “Do I know why it’s taken so long for any of them?” responded Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), when asked about Brouillette’s delay.

    “I don’t know what happens,” the chairwoman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee added. “They go into some dark hole. And eventually they come out. But still.”
    They had a D senator on from West Virginia on Fox News this morning. He said filling nominees isn't that big of a deal. Every nominee that has come for a vote he has voted "yes" for. Unless there is a huge red flag, they are just appointees, and he's going to vote "yes." He thinks McConnell is holding things up. So Trump's admin or McConnell and friends are slowing the process.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Has the so-called Deep State prevented him from even submitting nominees for ambassador to 165 nations? He's submitted only 9. That's extraordinarily - almost impossibly - inactive and ineffectual. Throughout the campaign, he went on and on, promising to snap his fingers and do things instantly that it would take others years to do. It reminds me of that Garfield comic where Jon declares that he's going to go out and conquer the world. In the third panel he's walking back past Garfield with his head down saying, "I couldn't get the door open."
    He's either dropping the ball or other hurdles from his admin.

    Wasn't there word of him not filling seats because there wasn't enough candidates willing to take the positions because they didn't want to work for him? Lifelong Washington workers? If this is the case, throw the positions on the website and have candidates from all over the country apply. That could help get rid of the deep state.

    Or maybe Trump is spending too much time watching cable news. I don't know what the deal is. I'm still going to support him unless facts come out that he's just sitting on his butt tweeting while watching fox news.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,121
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Trump has made a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I don't think anyone is being honest and sincere if they don't acknowledge all of the roadblocks by the deep state and politicians that have prevented him from progressing
    These are all legislative items. Even if this "Deep State" BS was real, it would have nothing to do with the Administration blatantly lying about plans they are going to release and then failing to do so. Give me a break. It's not as though they are submitting great, detailed plans and the Senate and House are sitting on them refusing to bring them for a vote. They literally issue these BS proclamations of great plans coming "in two weeks" and then do nothing, or issue a page of bullet points any of us could wing in 5 minutes and call it a 'great plan.' It's pathetic.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    He's either dropping the ball or other hurdles from his admin.

    Wasn't there word of him not filling seats because there wasn't enough candidates willing to take the positions because they didn't want to work for him? Lifelong Washington workers? If this is the case, throw the positions on the website and have candidates from all over the country apply. That could help get rid of the deep state.

    Or maybe Trump is spending too much time watching cable news. I don't know what the deal is. I'm still going to support him unless facts come out that he's just sitting on his butt tweeting while watching fox news.
    I think you're on to something. And the hair. Don't forget the hair. He once told a reporter that he spent at least 90 minutes a day washing, drying, folding, triangulating and otherwise styling his coiffure. Any man can do only so much.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    These are all legislative items. Even if this "Deep State" BS was real, it would have nothing to do with the Administration blatantly lying about plans they are going to release and then failing to do so. Give me a break. It's not as though they are submitting great, detailed plans and the Senate and House are sitting on them refusing to bring them for a vote. They literally issue these BS proclamations of great plans coming "in two weeks" and then do nothing, or issue a page of bullet points any of us could wing in 5 minutes and call it a 'great plan.' It's pathetic.
    How do we know that the computers and printers in Washington aren't working for the deep state?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I think you're on to something. And the hair. Don't forget the hair. He once told a reporter that he spent at least 90 minutes a day washing, drying, folding, triangulating and otherwise styling his coiffure. Any man can do only so much.
    Fake news. Based off his appearance, it looks like he gave up that routine long ago. But I guarantee he hasn't given up his fast food addiction. At least Slick Clinton would jog to McDonald's.

  13. #13

    Default

    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/marka...-is-fake-news/

    The Saudi deal:

    Last month, President Trump visited Saudi Arabia and his administration announced that he had concluded a $110 billion arms deal with the kingdom. Only problem is that there is no deal. It’s fake news.

    I’ve spoken to contacts in the defense business and on the Hill, and all of them say the same thing: There is no $110 billion deal. Instead, there are a bunch of letters of interest or intent, but not contracts. Many are offers that the defense industry thinks the Saudis will be interested in someday. So far nothing has been notified to the Senate for review. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the arms sales wing of the Pentagon, calls them “intended sales.” None of the deals identified so far are new, all began in the Obama administration.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tea, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,279
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The more the left flips out the better job he does imo...

  15. #15

    Default

    Still early, but this is true. Too busy tweeting and too little time working it seems. Not "getting stuff done" is not always bad. But it should be a conscious choice rather than inability to execute anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •