Video: 2017 Gopher Road Trip Day 4 Recap (Spicer, Perham) Fleck: I came to MN for you

I wonder if there are $3.5 a year other reasons he came to Minnesota?

I wonder if there are $3.5 a year other reasons he came to Minnesota?

This was his dream job. He took a major pay cut to come here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I want to know is when do they feed Goldie Gopher? He has to stay on character pretty much the entire time that he is out with the public.

What I want to know is when do they feed Goldie Gopher? He has to stay on character pretty much the entire time that he is out with the public.

They probably have at least 2 of the Goldys there. Goldy disappears for less than a minute, and they make the switch, at least that's what I'd do.

Bingo. I want him to do well, but knockoff this crap.

I like the energy, enthusiasm, competence and recruiting success. This is a step up and a pay raise for him. If he does well, he'll move on in 3-5 years and leave the program in better shape than he found it. That's fair and reasonable. He didn't come here for us. He's not any more loyal to Minnesota than he was to WMU and we aren't any more loyal to him than his last couple of defeats. That's how it works. He's not staying forever, either way. That doesn't mean he's not a good guy and that he's not worth cheering for. He is a good guy and worth cheering for, but he belongs to himself, his family and, to a much lesser degree, his players. The university and the fans don't really factor into it.

Top Bottom