Coach Fleck: "People compare me to someone I've never met."

Couldn't disagree more. I'll leave Wacker out of the convo because I don't know much about him. But Fleck is tailor-made for any job in America. Brewster is a fraud and shouldn't get a job anywhere...outside of maybe a southern oil company or Trump's administration.

Brewster - in all fairness - does have some legitimate credentials as a recruiter. At the time he was hired at MN, he simply was not ready to be a head coach. Maybe he was never going to be ready. Or maybe, if he had landed a coordinator job somewhere and built up his coaching credentials, and developed a real philosophy, he might have been ready someday.

But, if you're hired for a job you're not ready for - is that your fault, or the fault of the person who hired you?

It's fair to look at Brewster's tenure at MN and judge him a failure for that situation - but calling him a fraud may be going a little too far.

Couldn't disagree more. I'll leave Wacker out of the convo because I don't know much about him. But Fleck is tailor-made for any job in America. Brewster is a fraud and shouldn't get a job anywhere...outside of maybe a southern oil company or Trump's administration.

Brew was a horrid head coach however he should, has and will continue to be employed by some of the best and most successful coaches in the country. He is an excellent recruiter and position coach and rightfully has earned millions of dollars coaching football.

Brew was not a good head coach but few people on the planet are more successful in their field than Brew is at coaching college football.

George Raveling, the old Iowa basketball coach, once said "I don't care what you say about me so long as you're talking about me."

Someone needs to get it through to Fleck that when you will do anything to get in the print media or your face on camera, you can't control the commentary that follows and may not like all of it.

At least not doing some of the embarrassing things in Minnesota he did when he first came to Kalamazoo.

Brew was a horrid head coach however he should, has and will continue to be employed by some of the best and most successful coaches in the country. He is an excellent recruiter and position coach and rightfully has earned millions of dollars coaching football.

Brew was not a good head coach but few people on the planet are more successful in their field than Brew is at coaching college football.

The Army needs lieutenants, but they rarely get statues. I don't think Brewster has earned a higher rank, and there are a lot of lieutenants.

Brew is a bonafide recruiter. Florida St wouldn't have gone out of there way to hire him if he wasn't. That is his gift. He reached for the glory but fell far short. We should all just let it go.

George Raveling, the old Iowa basketball coach, once said "I don't care what you say about me so long as you're talking about me."

Someone needs to get it through to Fleck that when you will do anything to get in the print media or your face on camera, you can't control the commentary that follows and may not like all of it.

<b>At least not doing some of the embarrassing things in Minnesota he did when he first came to Kalamazoo.</b>

For example......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brew is a bonafide recruiter. Florida St wouldn't have gone out of there way to hire him if he wasn't. That is his gift. He reached for the glory but fell far short. We should all just let it go.

I did not like the Brewster hire from day one. That said, the absolute worst thing that Tim Brewster did was accept the job offered to him. It wasn't his fault Joel Maturi was completely incompetent at best, sent by Wisconsin to Destroy Gopher Athletics at worst.

I did not like the Brewster hire from day one. That said, the absolute worst thing that Tim Brewster did was accept the job offered to him. It wasn't his fault Joel Maturi was completely incompetent at best, sent by Wisconsin to Destroy Gopher Athletics at worst.

Ghostwriting for Wren now huh? ;)

Brewster wasn't ready for a head coaching job, at least not on the Big Ten level, but I can't blame him for taking the job that was offered to him. Both Fleck and Brewster were enthusiastic promoters of the Gophers, but that's an irrelevant comparison. Fleck is a highly regarded coach, Brewster wasn't.

Top Bottom