Pioneer Press: Gophers football: Casey O’Brien overcame cancer twice to walk on at U

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Casey has met with Fleck a few times, including a 15-minute meeting in his office during spring practices.

“A wave of energy hit me,” Casey said. “He was bouncing off the walls. … He was like, ‘We are getting something special going here. We’ve heard your story, and we want you to be a part of it.’

“I said I want to be a part of it, too.”

Casey is “everything that our culture is about,” Fleck said. “Gophers football is incredibly important to him. I wanted to make sure that he can have that type of dream. He is going to be a holder. He is going to be a part of that spiritual (element), that motivation, that inspiration every day.”

Dan, who declined a job offer from Fleck to remain within the program, praised Fleck’s willingness to bring Casey in. “I think it speaks more to P.J. Fleck,” he said. “It’s about the kind of guy that I think P.J. is to give him that opportunity.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/0...obrien-overcame-cancer-twice-to-walk-on-at-u/

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher,
Thanks for linking this story. Good read.
May need Pete to put Casey on his "Watch List" for Holder of Year!

I don't think any of us really knows what he has gone through. He'll do well in life and I'm rooting for him while he is a Gopher.

Top Bottom