TE Brevyn Spann-Ford‏ Commits to the Gophers

[emoji57]
dec7d0c624a84ffc268f3b2685cd5558.jpg

Nice ability to "go up" and get it.

QB was right on the money with most of those throws too. (HUDL vid).

QB is Chris Backes. Will play at St. John's. 2017 recruit. Should be very good DIII player.

Speaking of Woz - why don't we just throw it up super high every time we are in the red-zone... to where only he can catch it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U41nizc0370" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Speaking of Woz - why don't we just throw it up super high every time we are in the red-zone... to where only he can drop it?

FIFY

Speaking of Woz - why don't we just throw it up super high every time we are in the red-zone... to where only he can catch it?

Because if he can only jump 1" off the ground and a 5'11" CB can jump 12" off the ground, he's not the only one who can catch it.

Because if he can only jump 1" off the ground and a 5'11" CB can jump 12" off the ground, he's not the only one who can catch it.

I would think just having him out there, even as a decoy, would make the defense notice.

Yes, that and the fact he has hands of stone. I'm guessing you may not remember this topic of discussion from last year.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Fleck's offense has not featured a lot of throws to TE's in the past - emphasis was much more on routes to WR's. So, the question is, if you're being recruited by Fleck as a TE, what does that mean in terms of your future potential role in the offense? (NOT a knock on Fleck - just wondering out loud)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Fleck's offense has not featured a lot of throws to TE's in the past - emphasis was much more on routes to WR's. So, the question is, if you're being recruited by Fleck as a TE, what does that mean in terms of your future potential role in the offense? (NOT a knock on Fleck - just wondering out loud)

Part of it could just be not having TEs good enough to throw to. But it does appear TE isn't often used, at least not in the last three years.

2016: 9 rec, 112 yards
2015: 7 rec, 72 yards
2014: 10 rec, 60 yards
2013: 45 rec, 456 yards

Part of it could just be not having TEs good enough to throw to. But it does appear TE isn't often used, at least not in the last three years.

2016: 9 rec, 112 yards
2015: 7 rec, 72 yards
2014: 10 rec, 60 yards
2013: 45 rec, 456 yards

Given Spann-Ford's obvious athleticism, I can see him being used the same way that Virginia Tech used Bucky Hodges. Could see him in the slot quite a bit.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looks like an absolute stud

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4168020/59ffd2ea420f9a0c98a992f9' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like exactly what we need. Makes catching the ball look effortless.

Gets up high on those jump balls.

Tight ends who can catch the ball are devastating weapons - remember Maxx Williams (and they have to block).

That is an athlete right there. He's gonna help a lot.

Blocking and foot speed are the question marks but he could end up being an NFL-level pass catcher, pretty exciting.

Wow, that's some highlight reel. Gotta like those catches he's making.

His highlights remind me a lot Matt Spaeth's high school clips on both offense and defense (although Spaeth delivered some monster hits on D).

6-6 and 233lbs. He looked good on defense as well. He's our 17th rated commitment. That's interesting.

I watched him play in person at Rogers in the playoffs two weeks ago. He is clearly a freak athlete at that size and on the program he was listed at 6-7 240 lbs. To see him at WR was crazy and he really looked like a natural there except he did not have true blazing speed. Not saying he is slow but not freaky fast as a WR. He looked very good at OLB too. I thought he was dominant as a defender with those incredibly long arms the running backs just disappeared when they were in his grasp. The level of competition in that league, which I know well, is not bad and with ER and Rogers basically near the top of 5A but not the level of Eden Prairie. Still he looks crazy on the field and was fun to watch even though Rogers lost that game. St Cloud Tech has another D1 commit on that team #11 Kaszcor (NDSU) and together they were tough to stop but I noticed Elk River was able to bet them.

I like how many defenses assign two defenders to him, and they just throw it up to him for the TD.

Top Bottom