TE Brevyn Spann-Ford‏ Commits to the Gophers

I thought Fleck was lying about trying to keep in-state kids here :confused:

Offers from West Virginia, Missouri, Iowa St and others.

I love his ability to flex out and be a mismatch too. He can be a hybrid player in this offense. Massive potential.

STUD!

By far my favorite commit and IMO the best player in the state!

Up to 6-7, 233

Had 977 receiving yards and 12 TD's as a junior last year. B-ball offer from NDSU

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4168020/5840b1f45b3cda20d4446ac3' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He makes some spectacular catches. Hard worker. I think he will be great.

Awesome get. Sounds like he was about to commit to Mizzou. Glad we finally offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recognized my high school football field immediately in that video.

Nice ability to "go up" and get it.

QB was right on the money with most of those throws too. (HUDL vid).

Good get.

I completely understood why Fleck took his time on this kid. He is obviously talented but kind of a question mark. Do you make him into a TE (most likely IMO)? Or do you make him into a WR? All of his highlights are of him catching the ball, so maybe his blocking was a little bit of a question mark. He doesn't seem to fly by people, so his speed (if at WR) might have been more of a question mark. This isn't me saying I'm down on the kid, I am simply saying that he is likely the kind of prospect that does require longer analysis (rather than a plug and play, like we know Autumn-Bell will be a WR and he likely has the physical profile to play D1).

He has huge potential, he's local, and Fleck likes him. . . I'm all on board. If you have any reservations on Fleck, one of them absolutely should NOT be his ability to spot and develop receiving talent.

Still not a 4 star. [emoji41]

Just poking the bears on this board.

It's great to see Minnesota kids stay home and play for the U. Nice! Stars are what a kid makes them and this kid can be special!

Good get.

I completely understood why Fleck took his time on this kid. He is obviously talented but kind of a question mark. Do you make him into a TE (most likely IMO)? Or do you make him into a WR? All of his highlights are of him catching the ball, so maybe his blocking was a little bit of a question mark. He doesn't seem to fly by people, so his speed (if at WR) might have been more of a question mark. This isn't me saying I'm down on the kid, I am simply saying that he is likely the kind of prospect that does require longer analysis (rather than a plug and play, like we know Autumn-Bell will be a WR and he likely has the physical profile to play D1).

He has huge potential, he's local, and Fleck likes him. . . I'm all on board. If you have any reservations on Fleck, one of them absolutely should NOT be his ability to spot and develop receiving talent.

He never played TE in HS so he never had the opportunity to show his in-line blocking ability on film.

He never played TE in HS so he never had the opportunity to show his in-line blocking ability on film.

Totally get that. His blocking is just more of an unknown. I think this kinds of unknowns can lead to a longer evaluation process.

Great addition, I'm so glad they finally offered. Welcome aboard!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is intriguing to me about his highlight video is that on a few of those plays he was completely covered but out jumped or out muscled the defender for the ball. I hope he is a howpher!

Thanks for posting that highlight. He is clearly a 6 ft 7 inch tight-end with basketball type skill and great hands. He has made that kind of catch before - I saw it somewhere. Maybe he slows down and has to catch it with one hand to make it seem more dramatic........you know, to make his point. :cool:

Some kids are just bigger than their opponents and that's it. This kid looks like he knows how to use that size to his advantage.

Top Bottom