Sports Huddle Recaps Announcement

DL65

Reaction score
After much reflection, I’ve decided to stop writing the Sunday Sports Huddle recaps, which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed doing. This Sunday will be my last recap. The past seven years – covering the show for Gopherhole – has gone by so fast.

I’m also giving up some community commitments as my terms end. My wife and I are hoping to have more flexibility in spending time with our children, grandchildren, as well as some traveling and visiting with family and friends in other states. Hopefully I’ll make it north this fall for a game or two at TCF Bank Stadium.

Thank you to all gopherhole members and lurkers who took time to read the recaps, and those that provided kind comments about the reports.

I especially want to thank Nadine (GopherLady) and gopherhole admins for supporting my efforts through words of encouragement the past seven years.

It is my sincere hope that someone will decide to continue writing the recaps. I’m confident you’d find it as rewarding as I have.

I’ve listened to the Sports Huddle for many years, before I started writing the recaps. So I want to thank Dave Mona and Sid Hartman for their coverage of Gophers athletics, especially Gopher football.

Peace!

Go Gophers!!

Good for you! Never a bad decision to spend time with the family and travel.

Thank you for all you've done over the years. I always looked forward to your recaps every Sunday.

You've done a great job, and I'm sure everyone has enjoyed your recaps as much as I have. Enjoy your expanded free time, and Ski U Mah!

Thanks DL. Your write-ups have been amongst the best things on GH. Great to see you have your priorities in line too. I look forward to reading your final recap on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you DL! Your posts were always an island of reality in a sea of crapulence. I'll miss it.

1st - wishing the best to DL in his future endeavors. In the "it's a small world" department, DL lives in Iowa, in a city where I used to work. We discussed this once and couldn't determine if we ever met, but I suspect our paths did cross due to our respective jobs.

Anyway, I will volunteer to take over the recaps for the time being. If I have to work on a Sunday, or have to be out of town for family reasons, I will try to let the board know in advance, and maybe someone else can pinch-hit for that Sunday.

Now I have to tie a string around my finger so I remember to do this starting next week. I also need to sign up for a class on speed listening to keep up with Fleck.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks DL for all of your contributions. Good luck with your endeavors. The White Mountains enjoyed your recaps.

Okay time to make it hard for DL65. How much money do we have to raise...;) Seriously, I am glad for you that you are making such decisions while you can "sit-up and take nourishment". Wish you the best in your DL65, and family time!!! Hope you can make it up to the Bank for a game or three.

Does Nadine do a fundraiser tailgate during season? or is it just the spring game? If so, maybe then. I feel like we the board owe you and yours a game (or more) ticket.

Anyway, THANK YOU!!!

1st - wishing the best to DL in his future endeavors. In the "it's a small world" department, DL lives in Iowa, in a city where I used to work. We discussed this once and couldn't determine if we ever met, but I suspect our paths did cross due to our respective jobs.

Anyway, I will volunteer to take over the recaps for the time being. If I have to work on a Sunday, or have to be out of town for family reasons, I will try to let the board know in advance, and maybe someone else can pinch-hit for that Sunday.

Now I have to tie a string around my finger so I remember to do this starting next week. I also need to sign up for a class on speed listening to keep up with Fleck.

Thanks DL and Thanks SON!!!

Thanks DL65. I always looked forward to your write-ups like a hungry dog chasing a Christmas ham. Here's hoping the sun is always shining on you and your future endeavors.

Thanks DL65. I always looked forward to your write-ups like a hungry dog chasing a Christmas ham. Here's hoping the sun is always shining on you and your future endeavors.

Thanks DL65. I appreciated it. You still in Iowa? If so, where. I'd love to buy you lunch.

Thank you so much - this has been one of my favorite parts of coming on Gopherhole. Enjoy!

Thank you DL.

Always a class act DL. Thanks for the many detailed notes from the Sports Huddle.

Thanks for all the time and effort that you took to keep us out of towners in the loop with your recaps. Maybe you will sub for SON in the future. Enjoy your summer and thank you again for your contributions. God Bless and Go Gophers!

Thanks DL for all of your hard work. Enjoy your free time with family and friends!

I hate change. I appreciate all DL has done for us and I'm thrilled that SON is stepping up. But this is a blow to GH. DL should get some sort of medal of honor and at least a signed boat paddle. Anyone who can translate what Sid says is a genius. Good luck and God speed DL. And SON I will look forward to your work.

Always a class act DL. Thanks for the many detailed notes from the Sports Huddle.

Big time class act! Seven years is a long time for something like this. Enjoy Sundays like you would like too!

DL I have read every one of your recaps for the last 3 years and I thank you for taking the time to do it. Enjoy your time with your wife, kids and grandkids and know that you are very much appreciated. Thank you!

After much reflection, I’ve decided to stop writing the Sunday Sports Huddle recaps, which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed doing. This Sunday will be my last recap. The past seven years – covering the show for Gopherhole – has gone by so fast.

I’m also giving up some community commitments as my terms end. My wife and I are hoping to have more flexibility in spending time with our children, grandchildren, as well as some traveling and visiting with family and friends in other states. Hopefully I’ll make it north this fall for a game or two at TCF Bank Stadium.

Thank you to all gopherhole members and lurkers who took time to read the recaps, and those that provided kind comments about the reports.

I especially want to thank Nadine (GopherLady) and gopherhole admins for supporting my efforts through words of encouragement the past seven years.

It is my sincere hope that someone will decide to continue writing the recaps. I’m confident you’d find it as rewarding as I have.

I’ve listened to the Sports Huddle for many years, before I started writing the recaps. So I want to thank Dave Mona and Sid Hartman for their coverage of Gophers athletics, especially Gopher football.

Peace!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks DL!

One of the best things about Gopherhole was reading DL (someone who just typed what he heard) get annoyed with Sid asking the same question over and over again.

DL, be honest, you're going to miss having to out coaches telling Sid that they can't talk about specific recruits?

Thanks DL, I have really appreciated your weekly Sunday contributions.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, DL! You are such an incredible contributor on this board, and just a wonderful person in general. You cannot be replaced, but would love someone to follow in your footsteps.

You deserve every second with your beautiful family. Thank you again, we appreciate you so much!!!

Thank you, Nadine, and all who have posted the many gracious comments on this thread and my final Sports Huddle recap. I sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Happy that SON has agreed to cover the Sports Huddle. He'll do a fantastic job!

CaliGopher, yes I still live in Hawkeye Country. I moved here in 1973. I had a couple successful careers in my forty-four years in Knoxville, and I'm still involved in community affairs. I'll always be a Minnesotan who bleeds maroon and gold. My Gopher flag waves proudly in front of our house on game day!

As SON mentioned in the Sports Huddle Recap thread, Dave Mona identified me in his gracious remarks before the interview with P.J. Fleck started, which I appreciated.

So, my name is Harvey 'Harv' Sprafka, and I reside in Knoxville, Iowa. Race fans know the history of our sprint car track, "Sprint Car Capital of the World," where an international event is held in early August - 10 days of sprint car racing. If any gopherhole members attend the races, during the Knoxville Nationals, please stop by the Rotary tent outside turn two, next to the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum. You can also call me, I'm in the phone book listing. It would be fun meeting likeminded Gopher fans.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom